Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:48 pm
I decided to buy new towels for DS's bathroom, not as a Christmas present, but just because they are needed. It is also the guest bathroom, and all the towels he has are hand-me-downs and worn out.

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie, I've had good luck with towels from Target. Bought some of the inexpensive hand towels to replace worn ones. They are pretty good quality for the price, and wash well.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Janet, I’m sorry you’re not sleeping well. Hope you can get your shot soon. (((Kitty))), you and your family are in my prayers.

No real plans today. I did place an Instacart order from Kroger to be delivered mid-to-late afternoon. I hope they have everything but I’m not holding my breath. With delivery fee and very generous tip it’s going to cost us a good bit more than if I could’ve gone but DH said it’s money well spent, so I guess I’ll try to look at it that way. I’m just thankful we have the money to go toward little luxuries like that.

My other big accomplishments so far today are giving Hobbes his ear swipe and changing out the water in my vase of birthday flowers. Now I’m going back to my book.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday.
Patty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

I spent the morning dealing with low priority alerts for work and have reached a stopping point. I've go the Ohio state-Michigan game on. the bucks need to step it up.

I wish I had something to do this evening. i need to get our of my place for a bit. But I am off work until Next Friday. Almost done burning my PTO. This is not going to happen next year. I have it in my mind that I want to take week a quarter. I am trying to find a travel companion or a place I am comfortable going by myself for a week. I want to go somewhere warmer than Ohio in Late Jan/Feb. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have great Saturday,
Maggie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Just a hello. Daze..your peppermint project sounds great...wish you could post a picture.
Maggie..if we lived close to each other..I would love to hang out with you.
Prayers for everyone going through hard times. I hope so much that everything improves soon.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:13 pm So every brain cell I ever had (both of them, lol) has left for parts unknown and I have just finished gluing together wrapped peppermint candies - hundreds of them - to make garland for my peppermint themed Christmas tree. Now melting pans of peppermints in the oven to make peppermint plates to hold Christmas chocolates. Move over, Martha Stewart. -)
Love your ideas! Wish I had the same ambition you do. You go girl.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

well I got lucky for dinner

A lady that sells egg rolls and shrimp fried rice, told me to get over to her drop off point today. She was supplying me with both at no cost. I help her out with stuff sometimes

I am taking her a bag of unshelled pecans. The COD was thrilled about having shrimp fried rice!