Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Another night of insomnia. I have too many things going through my mind and cannot seem to turn them off. Also having a lot of pain. I am overdue for my systemic cortisone shot. My NP said I had to wait at least 2 weeks from my booster vaccination before she could give it to me. I hope to go for it on Tuesday next week. I took a muscle relaxer and Tylenol so hopefully I will get sleepy in a little bit and nod off.

Clem keeping your family and you in my thoughts and prayers for what you are having to deal with.

Kitty keeping your family also in my thoughts and prayers.

Owned hope you are feeling better and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Florida Cat keeping Pippi and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Sorry you are going through sleepless nights Janet. I was doing that recently as well.

Yes, I slept really great last night, no pain at all, well at least until I got up this morning. Something I am very used to. Mind you I had the help of an adult beverage or two.

I have the usual Saturday list and will be getting started on that as soon as is possible. The additions for today are baking bread, and sewing/craft making. There are so few days left until Christmas and I am not to the place where I feel able to say I will be ready.

I might go for a walk a bit later this morning as looking out the window I think it might have rained and set a glaze of ice on the pavements. It is supposed to warm up and right now it is just at the freezing point. I can also head downstairs and watch TV as I use the treadmill. Hmmm, what to do.

Today's goals over and above my list are to finish another portion of the blanket for youngest DS, get the first steps of the ornaments I want to make and gift done, and sew the sleep pants for Hubby. The last two will hopefully be done before I start on supper. The blanket will be worked on in-between times when I need a break from one thing or another. Even a few rows make a difference in how fast the block is completed.

There are also some chicken breasts I bought yesterday that need to be portioned out. I will need to pull out my food saver and get that completed early,

Hubby will be watching a football game this afternoon and tomorrow, so setting up the tree may have to wait a few more days. Probably will do it on Tuesday, though I may set up my new small tree this weekend at some point. Not decorated, just set up and ready to decorate. I need to see how much room it takes up.

I am trying to figure out what soup I wish for supper tonight. I could pull out a container of vegetable beef soup or since there is some celery that needs using make some cream of celery soup. Leaning towards the cream of celery soup as I really don't want to waste anything and that really needs using.

I will make sandwiches to go along with the soup. Probably tuna salad for a change.

Today I am grateful for the wonderful pain-free night of sleep.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up far too early this morning. 3:30 am. I read for a while, then when I went to take my morning meds I discovered that I had forgotten to take my bedtime ones, that explains my pain and my waking up so much during the night.

The chicken will not be cooked today.

Today I do hope to press the interfacing on items that need it and then sew the mug mats. They are a quick sew but I do need to press a lot.

Then it will be time to wrap packages.

Not much else is new.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m glad that we heard from Kitty and sorry she is going through problems.

Pippi seems more herself this morning.

I’m determined to get the lights on my tree today. I procrastinated yesterday by stripping my bed and doing laundry a day early. Also I plan to put out more of my Christmas decor and finish my puzzle.

After watching a video the other day about decluttering, I got rid of several items on my kitchen counter yesterday. I put a candle that was on my counter in the box with other candles. I had a wicker/metal basket holding two mugs and I decided to donate the basket and move the mugs off the counter. I was keeping the instructions for the microwave, toaster oven and Pippi’s fountain on top of my microwave. I moved them to a pocket that I already had and stuck it on the inside of a cabinet door. Those small changes have made a difference in my kitchen.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning friends. The dogs let me sleep until 6-ish. I am going out for a few "Christmas things" today - wrapping paper and some more candy canes for the tree and coffee bar, that type of stuff. A few slow snow flakes are falling. Got to get the Christmas tree up and the wreath on the door - it needs a couple minor repairs first (the wreath not the door). Hope you all have a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Woke up early this morning, 3:00A; finished watching an on demand movie that I had started to watch last night and then went back to sleep for an hour. Did get up around 5:00A.

Have finished my exercising for the day. I've temporarily cut down on the time I was spending with my sister being here, but will be able to pick it up again once she leaves which appears to be the 15th of December. She has no furniture, only kitchen stuff to speak of, but she's going anyway on that day and plans to sleep on the floor. (shaking head here) Oh well.

Today I will finally finish my coloring page so that I can start a new one on Monday despite the fact that is the last class for the year.

Well, off on my day.

Have a wonderful day all.