Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

up early today. I had been sleeping in too long.

But even though I fell asleep fast - i kept waking up - about every hour. But I just kept hearing things and would go investigate. The COD does things like leave kitchen door open or refrigerator door open. And not due to age - has always been this way. He is a non door closer. There is even a name for that. :mrgreen:

It rained this morning. Part of the pack has been out. Will be a little chilly but not too bad. Next week back in the 70s for the high and sunny.

Will probably do a load of laundry today. Hope all have a relaxing day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I finally fell asleep around 4:00 AM but woke up around 8:00 AM bright eyed and bushy tailed. I have been sending out my usual morning e-mails to my brother and a friend to let them I am still alive and well. Teddi has been out to potty and is snuggled down on my bed back to sleep. Lucky dog.

Right now, it is 38 F but supposed to warm up to 60 F by 3:00 PM. I want to do some outside work and wash down my patio chairs before storing them in the garage. Also, I want to cut some of the lower pine tree branches to bring in to my house to decorate with. They are really low and the branches do need to be trimmed. I hope to be able to do that every year for a few years. I already gathered some pinecones earlier in the month and will bake them in my oven to make sure there are no critters inside. I like to use them for decorating as well. I took down a lot of my Fall/ Thanksgiving decorations yesterday and stored most of them. I will finish up with that today. Yesterday I put a Christmas wreath on the side door. That is the door seen most often when people come to visit me. Later after dinner I will put up my tree and the lights. I have taped a few Christmas movies from the TV and will be playing them while I decorate. So work a little and rest a lot. Since the movies are seasonal favorites, it is easy to take break and be able to pick up the story line.

I am off to get my coffee and make breakfast. Oatmeal with raisins, walnuts and cinnamon, yum.
Janet Alliesmama
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

So it's now ten days since I gave up both orange juice and the "real coke" I used as morning caffeine for twenty years (I managed to keep my A1C at around 6 while still drinking a coke a day because of exercise and diet). Still going through the sluggishness and crankiness of it and not a happy camper.

It's fifty degrees and overcast with possible rain. There are multiple craft type markets going on and it's small business Saturday and while I'd like to be supportive I am going nowhere, nada.

Plans for the day are indoor exercise, sewing and knitting time, and throwing together an easy sheperds pie with ready made mashed potatoes (afterwards I will freeze in portions)., and a few fifteen minute forays of cleaning and organizing. I'm also working on ideas for a large abstract painting for my wal after doing some you tube things.

I have drastically lowered expectations for myselfand my enrgy level lately and except for the two Christmas quilts, nothing hand made is committed for Christmas as such. I'll give it when it's done!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good almost noon. It's 40 and now somewhat overcast.
Tried to start this earlier but got interrupted. Anyway, I woke up with a stiff back this morning — trying to loosen up before I start things like laundry.

DH is off getting his booster shot.

Went grocery shopping yesterday. Apparently canned beans (great northern and cannellini) are the new thing to be out of. None at Target, none at Aldi, no house brand at Kroger, so settled for name brand to tide me over. Target did have the canned cat food, though.

It was just DH and me for Thanksgiving, though we cooked enough food for 12, I think, :D. Lots of leftovers. Talked to family ... some worrisome things going on.

Quilter, do you like tea? (without sugar?) Or do you need to cut out caffeine, too?

Good thoughts going out to everyone who needs them!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, I hope and pray that things get much better for your family. And be sure to take care of yourself too.

Good afternoon, everyone. I slept in this morning, which was needed. This allergy thing has tried hard to turn into a sinus infection, but I think I have beaten it back. I am a bit stiff and sore from all the bending, crouching and pulling out furniture to clean yesterday.

I decided to buy new towels for DS's bathroom, not as a Christmas present, but just because they are needed. It is also the guest bathroom, and all the towels he has are hand-me-downs and worn out. We are trying to get him aware of presenting a better image in how he dresses and his surroundings. I have real fears about him turning into a clone of my brother, who is slovenly.

Today I need to do some dusting, run the dust mop around a few places where the robovac can't reach, and do the grocery shopping. Also have an old quilt that needs mending, so a dive into the scrap box is pending. I just get new fabrics and recover it, as it's quite worn on the surface.

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

So every brain cell I ever had (both of them, lol) has left for parts unknown and I have just finished gluing together wrapped peppermint candies - hundreds of them - to make garland for my peppermint themed Christmas tree. Now melting pans of peppermints in the oven to make peppermint plates to hold Christmas chocolates. Move over, Martha Stewart. -)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz