Daily Check In November 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I've been to Mass, Drank my coffee and been reading my newspaper.

Mt family never put up the Christmas tree until about mid-December. I think my parents may have grown up with it not being put up until Christmas eve, or at least until the 3rd Sunday of Advent. For Catholics it is also known as "Pink Candle Sunday". Part of it was because we had a live tree and kept it up until at least new Year's day or the Feast of the Three Kings. So no tree here yet. But I did get out my Christmas coffee cups and plates.

Weird, but my ankle hurts today, so i will dig up a long sock and put on my brace.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Dh seems to be adjusting to his CPAP well and I am able to sleep much better! What a precious commodity that is!

The sidewalks and roads are really icy this morning so I decided to do my workout on the treadmill while watching the Today show. I followed this with my sit-ups and light weights routine. That makes a nice start to the day. And so does my sparkling kitchen. This morning I cleaned out the fridge, microwave, toaster and counter tops. Also cleaned out the mail rack. Our Christmas dec are now all completely up which feels good and cheers up the house on these long, winter nights. I will probably do a leisurely walk outside this afternoon when it warms up a bit.

Today I hope to do more enjoyable things as it’s Sunday and my day of rest. I have lots of books to read, interesting You Tube videos to enjoy and a Masterclass to catch up on before it disappears on Wednesday. I also picked up a colouring book with pencil crayons so may exercise my “ creative- not!) side.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Putting up the tree today! It snowed last night..so pretty.
Logics...I admire the way you plan for improvements over the next few years. Every time I think we have a year when nothing major needs to be done....something breaks.
Off to get busy.
Have the best day!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Finally the sun is out. It was so dreary yesterday. And it is warmer already. Slept well. Got up about 9.

All the pups went out. I'm hungry and am heating up the leftover chicken and dumplings.

Shouldn't be hungry. I ate so much yesterday.

Going to do more de cluttering. Easier to do when it is nice and bright. I don't like to use artificial light. Am I weird.

Hope all have a great day
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept late for me until after 7 am. I really needed the sleep.

I decided to wait until tomorrow to cook my chicken. I am trying to decide what I want to do about lunch. I may order something. But I am undecided.

I just ordered a McDonalds meal for lunch, only my second time ordering. My son and daughter in law gave me gift cards to Door Dash so my meal cost me nothing.

I just don’t feel like cooking anything today.

The first time I tried I was told the store was too far away. It is less than 1/2 mile.

I just got a Text from Door Dash.

I loaded all the dishwasher dishes there is still room on the bottom so I will set it off after lunch. My dinner just arrived. I set off the dishwasher after I finished eating.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. I did not fall asleep until after 5 a.m, My brain would not shut up, plus I was hot, coughing, and my back hurt. Slept about four hours, got up, had coffee and some Boston brown bread, and I have been doing some mending and dusting. Got all the sofa throws and pillows running through the washer and dryer to get the pet fuzz off them.

Also fixed the dogs' new Soresto collars -- they have to wear them year round here. There's enough extra cut off two collars for me to make a third collar that just slips on and off.

I feel better now, but have blown my nose so much that Lily Dog, who is in my lap, turns her head away every time she sees a Kleenex.:-D

Tomorrow is DH's first cataract surgery, but we realized no one has ever called us with the time. It's not in his paperwork or in my notes from our meeting with the scheduler. He left messages, but no one called back, probably due to the holiday weekend. His plan is to be up and on the phone at 6 a.m.

Well, I am getting more ginger ale and going to check the laundry. Hope you all have a peaceful afternoon.
Mackie