Daily Check In November 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:39 pm Good afternoon, frugal friends. I did not fall asleep until after 5 a.m, My brain would not shut up, plus I was hot, coughing, and my back hurt. Slept about four hours, got up, had coffee and some Boston brown bread, and I have been doing some mending and dusting. Got all the sofa throws and pillows running through the washer and dryer to get the pet fuzz off them.

Also fixed the dogs' new Soresto collars -- they have to wear them year round here. There's enough extra cut off two collars for me to make a third collar that just slips on and off.

I feel better now, but have blown my nose so much that Lily Dog, who is in my lap, turns her head away every time she sees a Kleenex.:-D

Tomorrow is DH's first cataract surgery, but we realized no one has ever called us with the time. It's not in his paperwork or in my notes from our meeting with the scheduler. He left messages, but no one called back, probably due to the holiday weekend. His plan is to be up and on the phone at 6 a.m.

Well, I am getting more ginger ale and going to check the laundry. Hope you all have a peaceful afternoon.
Mackie, do you make your Boston brown bread, or where do you get it? I used to buy it in tin cans but can't find it anymore. I love that stuff.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I bought it at Publix. It was something like $2.68 a can, but I can make a can last a long time.

What I do for hard to find items is search online with each chain grocery store in the area until I find the one that carries it. Sometime I have to order stuff, but there's now so many grocery stores in the big city we live next to that ordering is not necessary very often.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Afternoon, all. It’s been a quiet day, as usual, around here. I watched a bit of Fixer Upper, then turned it to a Dateline, then turned it off. Feeling a bit restless, I guess. I changed the dining room table runner from fall to Christmas; it looks so nice. We have a Danish Modern Teak table/chairs and sideboard that was DH’s parents’ wedding gift from his parents. It’s beautifully mid-century modern and I love it.

I started addressing Christmas cards but had to stop when my thumb joint started acting up. Lately, it keeps me from coloring, writing, etc. I’ll put some ice on it and rest it awhile. I do keep a fairly tight fingerless glove on and that soothes it.

I keep looking at the box with the Christmas tree in it but so far have had zero inclination to get it out and put it up. We’re doing the small 4 foot one this year and putting it on a table. Maybe tomorrow…..

My sister told me what she wants for Christmas this year and I was loathe to order it, but I did. It’s these slippers she sees advertised on Fox News by the my pillow guy. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now I’ll be on their mailing list. Just shoot me in the head, lol.

I’m making a frozen pizza for our supper tonight. It’s a welcome change from all the turkey day leftovers. I’ve got a head of lettuce that I think I’ll cut into wedges and serve with Blue Cheese dressing. Fast and easy … it’ll work.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oh Patty - your comment about the My Pillow guy made me laugh

I did laundry today. Since I cleared out my small sized clothing - went ahead and washed and dried them before I take them to the local mission place.

I did a lot. I even got kind of sweaty!!! Yesterday we were shivering and today it got up to 70. But with me going back and forth and in and out of the house, I worked up a sweat. I like to use the dryer for a while with the Gain softener things and then let them finish off drying outside. It was a nice day to hang out clothes.

I made my tuna for the week. I had purchased some croissants and ate a sandwich on that. Mmm so good.

Cleaned out the fridge and took leftovers out to the critters in the back acre. It is weird how my Sundays are usually the busiest times for household chores for me. :mrgreen:
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Another project bites the dust. I managed to finish off the ornaments and then started knitting. I still have a sore neck and shoulder so am taking a rest every now and then. I hope to finish the first strip on the knitted blanket tonight. Just 4 more to go after that.

I hope my neck feels better tomorrow so that I can get those pj bottoms sewn up. Bending over anything causes me some pain that I could do without.

Supper will be ready soon. The ham smells wonderful.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

chocolite wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:48 pm

My sister told me what she wants for Christmas this year and I was loathe to order it, but I did. It’s these slippers she sees advertised on Fox News by the my pillow guy. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now I’ll be on their mailing list. Just shoot me in the head, lol.
When you get the first one, mark it as spam so it goes to your junk mail folder and you will not have to see them.