What Have You Had "Forever" That is Still Going Strong?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: What Have You Had "Forever" That is Still Going Strong?

Post by Mrscreative »

And I should add our Motor Master snow blower to the list. It was purchased in 1984 and is lovingly maintained by Dh. Our fridge and stove are from 1991 when we moved to this house. JennAir fridge and Whirlpool stove. They don’t match, but we have always gone with clearance items and just maintaining them well. The fridge is frost free and the stove has a self cleaning ove. Those were the features that really mattered to me.

Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Like a few others here my oldest appliance is my chest freezer. We bought it probably 40 years ago and keeping my fingers crossed I hope it lasts a whole lot longer.

My oldest belongings are my Nancy Drew Books some of which are 55 years old, a Book of Common Prayer that belonged to my Great Uncle at 100 years old, and a Hudson Bay wool blanket that is also 55 years old.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

My guest room's Ethan Allen bedroom furniture. SOLID pine (the heaviest pieces I've ever touched), it's a full with a bookcase headboard, corner desk, triple dresser, separate matching mirror and two chests. My former MIL gave it to me when my son was born and it was already 40 years old (the first furniture she and my FIL bought new). That makes it closing in on 90 and it looks like new (I had glass cut and beveled to cover all the surfaces). Plus, it's such classic Early American I could walk into any Ethan Allen dealer and buy matching pieces.

No, the ex didn't waste his time asking for it when we split.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Let's see now:

Sofabed purchased in 1969, reupholstered in 1985 and going to be again either next year or the year after.
A 25" RCA TV purchased in 1999.
My dining room table purchased in 1985; chairs haven't fared so well and will be replaced.
My 5 pc solid wood bedroom set purchased in 1969.
Bookcase purchased in 1985.
2011 Toyota Camry
A 120 bass, woman's sized accordion purchased back in the 1950s
A Singer 301 portable sewing machine, 1960s circa
Living room drapes purchased in mid 80s.
GE stove purchased in 1992
A Frigedaire refrigerator purchased around 2000
A bedroom fan purchased in 2007
A flat panel LCD TV purchased in 2007

Think that's it
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Just about all of my furniture is hand-me-down from my parents. It holds so many memories.
I still have my record collection; 45's and LP's. I also have some 78 RPM's that belonged to my parents.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Bose radio - bought it so many years ago.

And it gets used daily. It is in the CODs room and he leaves it on for his pup.