Daily Check In December 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In December 2, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Nothing worth reporting going on here. Just wanted to say Hi.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I got it in my head today to go into Walmart after almost two years of not setting foot in the store. Even before the pandemic I rarely shoppped there. I wanted paper towels and could not come up with $35 for a curbside order. I looked at the Aldi website last night and to me the paper towels I loved pre-pandemic now did not look the same. (They said something about Sparkle and I never liked Sparkle towels.)

So I went into Walmart. Whoa! Very crowder and only 25% wearing masks. Even only 25% of Walmart employees were wearing masks. It was just as if Covid was over. I won’t be going in there anytime soon.

On the plus side, I dropped off a pair of glasses in the donation box that I’ve been carrying around for 1 1/2 years. And I got a 6-pack of paper towels and a bag of oranges. Was it worth it? Maybe only as a reminder to stick with curbside for Walmart items.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:22 pm I saw the oncologist this morning my labs are stable, she wants labs in 3 months and to see her in 6 months.

Penny
Good news Penny. I’m very happy for you.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, that is exactly why I won't shop at Wal-Mart. It looks like a giant petri dish to me.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I think it’s been a couple of days since I last checked in. A Belated Happy Birthday to Pippi! To reach 19 years as a cat is quite a milestone! Logics I am happy for you and hope all works out well for your sister.

This morning I did a Walmart pickup and then went to indoor walking club but wore a mask the whole time. It was nice to catch up with an old friend. The rates in our city concern me but almost all the new cases involve young children and daycares. Immunization for the “ littles” started last Friday, so hopefully that will curb this horrible scrounge. Dh is allowed his booster any time after Dec. 6th. A time frame for my age group hasn’t been made available yet. So in the meantime all I can do is continue to be diligent.

Earlier this week I went to outdoor walking club and I think I have finally finished and posted all my Christmas cards. I am glad I remained home this afternoon as I needed this time to catch up on laundry and finish those cards. The Christmas trees and decorations make me happy. And I am so pleased Dd1 safely received her wreath and Yule log from L.L. Bean safety. She said both were very fresh, in good condition and smell so nice!

I also have pulled out some of my Christmas CD’s and have been enjoying the music. I really enjoy the simple things in life.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:59 pm FloridaCat, that is exactly why I won't shop at Wal-Mart. It looks like a giant petri dish to me.
I live in Illinois and there is a mandatory indoor mask whether you are vaccinated or not. I went to the County Courthouse last week to apply for my property tax exemptions. Not one person in that building was wearing a mask. From the police down to the office staff. They do have plexiglass at all areas where there is a desk but there were people including policemen walking around outside of the offices in the halls that were not wearing a mask. Not even on their person. What the heck!!
Janet Alliesmama