Daily Check In December 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In December 2, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute mes amis!

Not much going on around here today.

I got a call from Shoppers Drug Mart that I needed a refill on my high blood pressure medication. My clinic's doctors require you have to go in to get that refill. It used to be the pharmacist could just call them and get the refill. So, I called the clinic to ask what the walk-in clinic line-up was like. They didn't have one! YAY!! So I booked it down there and got in line, got set up and was told I'd be the next person. I barely sat down and they called my name. I was in and out in under 20 minutes. THAT's how I like it!

When I got home. I had a few minutes and after grumbling to myself about hating to go to the doctor (after 12 plus surgeries and all the tests, x-rays and follow-ups I've had it!), I bit the bullet and booked a physical online for February 14th. That was one of her earliest slots for physicals. I took the 1 pm appointment. I figure that will be really easy to remember so I don't forget to go. I don't even know when I had a physical but it must be about time.

I'm going to make some afternoon coffee, chug back that caffeine and then load up the dishwasher and start supper. I was going to do the Hamburger Helper last night but since I went grocery shopping and got rice, I went for my favorite meal of all time, chili over rice. I had just one bowl of chili in the freezer and boy was I happy to have rice so I could have it again. I love that stuff! Time to make more chili around here!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ

Penny, so glad to hear your news from your oncologist. Very good to hear!

Logics, I didn't know how I'd do living alone but I've really gotten to like it. No having to worry about someone else's TV shows, foods, or keeping everything in its place. LOL Now? I can sit around in my schleppy clothes all day and goof off and just wander in the middle of the night if I need to or go to bed at anytime and wake-up anytime. I think she'll find she' will do okay. I agree that I don't meet my friends at my digs. I mostly go to theirs or we end up at the coffee shop. That seems to be more "the thing" these days. I'm good with that!
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

Had a busy morning. Went to help decorate our local library - Christmas tree etc.

I tell you I am not a decorator. And then we are not really organized - lol. Also ate twice! Not good for my GERD. Next year will have to get a complete workup on that and see what I should be eating.

And this insurance beneficiary thing - I will have to call them tomorrow. Still waiting on death certificate. Should be on the way.

Then I saw an e-mail from the insurance company and they asked if I was the person they were looking for. And I said yes. And today they sent a form that I should sign electronically. Have not yet. It is just weird - the form they sent asks all kinds of questions and this just says to sign and fax the death certificate. So I gotta call and get the proper route to go.

I had to take a nap this afternoon. Now will relax and read. Thanks all
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I like Walmart but I do everything pickup.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Boy, this is turning into such a fun week. Now DS is throwing up. From the symptoms and speed at which he got sick, I am pretty sure that he has and his dad had the Norovirus.

We still have just one working toilet, so sleeping in the garage with a nice clean bucket is looking good!
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:57 pm Boy, this is turning into such a fun week. Now DS is throwing up. From the symptoms and speed at which he got sick, I am pretty sure that he has and his dad had the Norovirus.

We still have just one working toilet, so sleeping in the garage with a nice clean bucket is looking good!
:D
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:57 pm Boy, this is turning into such a fun week. Now DS is throwing up. From the symptoms and speed at which he got sick, I am pretty sure that he has and his dad had the Norovirus.

Hope they all get better!!~!