The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

Post by LWolfT »

I've been gluing things back together.

Trying to revive another of DH's old belts that's splitting apart at the layers. Worked well on the last one, so ...
He also managed to split a seam on his work shoes ... can't sew it, so trying some glue to hold it together a bit longer. And I've had to glue the sole back on one of my slippers again ... last try held on for quite a while, but ...
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:18 pm I've been gluing things back together.

Trying to revive another of DH's old belts that's splitting apart at the layers. Worked well on the last one, so ...
He also managed to split a seam on his work shoes ... can't sew it, so trying some glue to hold it together a bit longer. And I've had to glue the sole back on one of my slippers again ... last try held on for quite a while, but ...
Those are some very inspiring tasks. You reminded me that I have a pair of slippers that need repair.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I rescued half a loaf of soon-to-be-stale bread and turned it into some delicious croutons. I just had some on top of tomato soup for lunch and they are really good. I have a lot left to have with soup for lunches this coming work week.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:30 am Latest frugal thing - It was "warm" enough last night to sleep with heat off and windows open, under a pile of blankets. I actually woke up feeling overheated a couple of times - dogs were under the blankets.
Well yesterday here it got to almost 90 degrees and people were talking about having their AC on with the temp set at 65!

Here - no way Jose. Use a fan! lol

I just think it is nuts to turn on the AC and then have to turn on the heat 8 hours later. Suck it up buttercup - lol.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I have not bern the most frugal over the holidays. I need Floridacats inspiration. My groceries are 400 a month and I eat out. Admittedly I eat well and high protein.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:52 pm Well yesterday here it got to almost 90 degrees and people were talking about having their AC on with the temp set at 65!

Here - no way Jose. Use a fan! lol

I just think it is nuts to turn on the AC and then have to turn on the heat 8 hours later. Suck it up buttercup - lol.
Wow Clem, it got down to the mid 40's last night and was raining. Windows open, heat off, lol. I guess it is all about what you're used to.

Charles M. Schultz