Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin mes amis!

I've been up since 3 am Manitoba time. Just woke-up and that's how it goes. I think most here understand that. We all seem to have our unique sleep quirks. I know I'll be back to bed for a nap sometime before noon.

I did get the van started yesterday!! YAY!! Zoe had done some fixin' under the hood and removed my curse! I was able to get the garbage driven up the hill to the dumpsters and then go to Giant Tiger for my items. I missed out on getting the ranch dressing mix so I will go to our Co-op Grocery Store and see if they carry it. If not? I'll have to brave the nasty parking lot at our Superstore (that think is like a demo derby!!). I did get the 4 pizzas at $2.97 each. THAT alone was worth the trip. I plan on having my Pizza Friday nights again. They are thin crust pizzas, my favorite kind! They had gravy packets on sale too. I got quite a few of those as they are useful in so many ways for cooking and just with smashed potatoes. My friend, Brad, has been posting photos of his corned beef hash (after he buys a can at Giant Tiger!) on Facebook for quite a while and it finally got to me! I bought a can and made corned beef hash for supper last night. I got four meals out of it including last night's supper.

I am going to cook some pinto beans for lunch. Every since I got Clem's instructions, I've been making them a lot and enjoying them SO MUCH! It's a pretty frugal meal too. Supper will be Pizza.

That's the 4:00 am skinny from here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning MJ and everyone. I have the day off but my dogs didn't get the memo. It is half snowing half raining this morning. Waiting for daylight to feed the garage and cellar cats. Beans are on my menu for today too, MJ. I found a jar of cooked pintos in the freezer and moved them to the frige on Wednesday so will do something with them today.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Not much out of the ordinary happening today. I need to log on to work in 45 minutes.

I examined the K95 masks I bought online. It seems they are counterfeit. Nowhere do they have the NIOSH approval. Bummer.

Have a good day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
And the month is nearly half over, yikes!
We're just below freezing, and we may get some snow today. We've been spared the big snowfalls (I know, I just jinxed us), so we'll see what happens.

My worries about jury duty were for nothing: I was excused after I answered the screening questions. (I'm thinking age/Covid risk.)

Otherwise, not a lot going on. Finally boxing up the Christmas decorations and doing stuff done around the house. Unfortunately, my back has decided to get touchy, so things are going slowly.

Today, I'm going to hit one of the shoe stores in search of a new pair of sneakers. I made a mistake with the most recent pair. The midfoot area just isn't wide enough ... they've become very uncomfortable around the arch. I've ordered a couple pairs of shoes online, but ended up sending them back because they don't fit properly.

Jackie, Mackie and Bev, hope your boys have swift recoveries!
M.J., Yay! Glad to hear you finally got heat.
Janet, that %*!! Murphy doesn't give up!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning, everyone. Looks like there are quite a few early birds. I have been up and down since 3:00 AM with severe spasms in my feet and right knee. The only thing that gives me relief is to get up and walk. I will take some quinine today and see if it helps.

We have a winter storm moving in later tonight. Rain changing over to snow. I am in the 2-to-5-inch band. I am looking forward to it. I love snow and there is no reason for me to get out and go anywhere. I am going to make chicken noodle soup using a chicken carcass from the freezer and the last of my gluten free noodles.

The trunk of my car is stuffed with recyclables. When my aide gets here this morning, we will make a run to the recycling dumpster.

MJ glad you were able to find the foods you want. Great deal on the pizzas.

Sheila enjoy your day off. Bummer on your dog's waking you up so early. Hope you can catch a nap later on.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I did a whole long post and lost it in the outer limits of the internet. Oh well.

Everything is fine here. We talked to youngest DS and he is doing as well as can be expected. A little bit disgusted that he only worked one day this week though.

We are keeping busy and with the snow that was supposed to arrive (we did get some overnight, but now it is being said the bulk will arrive sometime today) I am sure glad I accomplished my shopping (sans list) yesterday. I did forget a few things though so will have to do without them.

That's really all I have to say this time around. I need to get started on tasks so will pop in later and post more.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/