Daily check-in January 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily check-in January 15, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Hello friends. I'v been up for hours, got dusting and vacuuming done and the last load of laundry. Spent much of the morning cozy in bed reading. I did go out and feed the garage cats - poor things, it is 13 degrees. I see that DD has been out there, bubble wrapping and adding straw to their shelters.

I really must hit the stores today that I didn't get to yesterday. I am thankful that I slept well (and late for me - after 8, following a short time up with the dogs in the 4 hour) and have a lot more energy today.

i also managed a purge of my book shelf this morning and have a shipping label (will print at Library) to send some books to sellbackmybook.com and a check for $9 and change coming from them. There are other ways I could have gotten more per book - but a lot more effort/work on my part, so no thanks. This gets books I will never read again out of here - fast and all at once - so, yes.

Hope that you all have a good, safe weekend - stay warm!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Was up early this morning, 3:00A, but have been busy all the way up till now. Not complaining.

It's bitter here today with temps in the teens. It's the prelude to a storm hitting tomorrow night or early Monday morning which is going to drop a couple of inches of snow on us.

Spent most of the morning coloring only to have a fail in some of the colors I chose so I find myself in the position of having to start the page over. Before I do, however, I'm going to preselect my colors for the butterflies so I don't end up wasting more time and still not be able to finish a picture.

Nothing on TV that I want to watch on Hallmark tonight until 8:00 and then I just might wait until tomorrow at 6:00P to watch it especially because I got up so early.

Well, I'll be going for now. Have a wonderful day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I put the sugar skull fabric into the washer, when they go into the dryer I will do a white wash.

Breakfast was oatmeal.

I did zigzag the cut edges of sone of my new fabric. This cuts down on raveling when I wash them.

Then I cleaned and oil the bobbin area of my HD 4432.

Once I have slowly washed fabric I can then decide just what to do. I have some heat resistant interfacing to make hot pads they need to be preshrunk.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...
It's 28 and sunny. We had a bit of snow overnight, but it's now melted.

DH is making a pie :D I need to box up the Christmas stuff for storage. Also plowing through the onboarding stuff for my seasonal job ... big orientation meeting in a few weeks.

My shoe shopping was sort of a bust. Finally found a pair; they had the half-size just above and below my usual size.(The half-size under was close, just too short.) Ended up going home and ordering it on Zappos.

Hope all those ailing are feeling better.

Shelia, is it sellbackyourbook.com? I can't find sellbackmybook.com
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:40 pm Good afternoon ...
It's 28 and sunny. We had a bit of snow overnight, but it's now melted.

DH is making a pie :D I need to box up the Christmas stuff for storage. Also plowing through the onboarding stuff for my seasonal job ... big orientation meeting in a few weeks.

My shoe shopping was sort of a bust. Finally found a pair; they had the half-size just above and below my usual size.(The half-size under was close, just too short.) Ended up going home and ordering it on Zappos.

Hope all those ailing are feeling better.

Shelia, is it sellbackyourbook.com? I can't find sellbackmybook.com
Yep, it's "your" book, not "my" book - sorry about that, LW.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am back from the grocery store, where we spent a lot of money. This was our big monthly shop & stock trip and we were out of a lot of things. The store was very bare on crackers, all kinds of juices, creamers, canned cat food, cream cheese, bacon, luncheon meat, and paper goods. Coffee was very picked over, but my preferred brand was on sale so I bought a can to add to the pantry.

Something were both in stock and on sale that had been missing the week before: some candy bars were 69 cents each, when they'd been $1.19 and the shelf empty last Sunday. I splurged and bought myself a Baby Ruth bar. It was fresh and so delicious! When you don't eat candy often, it tastes really good.
Mackie