Daily Check In January 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 17, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Morning, gone to get coffee back asap.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Today should be almost our last really nice day as a cold front is moving in once again. I better take advantage of being able to walk outside while I can. Certainly won't be doing it when the cold and freezing of the slush happens. Just too icy then for this rather breakable person. I will be checking the 14 day forecast (knowing it will change) to see how the weather will be when we go up to the capital on the 31st for my scan.

I have the usual Monday tasks today but am going to take a day off of organizing, decluttering, and tidying the front of the house. Tomorrow is soon enough to start with the dining room and that finishes off the front of the house nicely. I should be able to just pick things up and put them away in their proper places to keep things neat and tidy.

Laundry has been started (down the stairs coffee in hand) and since I will have a couple of extra loads I started it early today. The dishes in the drain board have been put away, and when I finish this post I plan on adding the few in the sink to the dishwasher and giving the sinks and counters a scrubbing down. There are a few tasks I like to complete before heading out for a walk. Deep cleaning the sinks and counters in the kitchen is one of them, as well as dusting.

Hand quilting is put aside for a bit and I will go back to working on the rug. I posted pictures of the finished projects (last weeks) on my blog page if anyone is interested. I hope to get a great deal done on the rug this week, as I really would like to start a big project. I think I will pull out the sewing machine once again and get the draft dodgers completed as well. Those should be done in less than a day if all goes according to plan.

My evening enjoyment (to keep my hands occupied) is doing some two needle sock knitting. I really would like to get three pairs completed, but I could be over reaching here. Just have to give it a try.

Supper last night was a clean out the fridge night and we did a pretty good job, just a few odds and ends left. I will have the leftover tuna casserole for lunch today and hopefully Hubby has either the chili or meatballs for his. Not wasting anything if we can help it.

Supper tonight will be leftover pork roast. I might just warm up the slices and have some noodles and a veggie of some sort with them. I also have to bring up this weeks food items from the freezer downstairs. It is nice to have everything up here and ready to pull out and fix, rather than running down every single day almost to pull something out.

Off to get a few things done (sinks and dusting) before heading out for my walk. I am so grateful for another nice morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I woke up at 4:30 but finally fell back asleep and slept until 8:15. I’m glad that last night I had decided to postpone my grocery shopping until Tuesday or Wednesday.

It is a cool, overcast morning here but I can see the sun starting to peek out. Those in Canada and the northern U.S. will laugh when I say our cool morning is 59 F.

Later today I’ll go to mom’s house. Now that I have the bougainvillea under control, I’m going to work on one of the allamanda flowering vines on the other side of the yard. It is above the fence, tangled with some sort of tropical plant in the neighbor’s yard. Neighbor’s utility building is there so a lot is on the roof. I’ll need to use the ladder but will have my phone in my pocket and be as careful as possible.

Sadly one of mom’s big hibiscus bushes seems to be completely dead. I don’t know what happened. I’m hoping that after this weekend’s rain I will see signs of life but I’m not optimistic.

I finished my puzzle. I’ll look at it for a day or two before dismantling it.

Have a good day.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning yall.

We are still snowed in here. I didn't go to work but have done a little bit of work so I can make some kind of money.

I made breakfast for today last night so I just had to heat it up and everything was good to go. Right now I'm sitting with DS and watching tv.

Hoping yall have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Early morning storm created a slushy mess. Might have to take shovel and push it up to front of the car or maybe just move it over into a space that's already been cleaned. It's in the 40s so it still should melt a bit even without much sun but it's supposed to do a quick freeze over tonight.

The grayness of the day is such a downer. I still haven't put my Christmas tree away so I turned on the lights and it is so pretty and comforting.

Tonight will be a budget meal; scrambled eggs with peppers as I'm still in diet mode for a while.

Today will be one of my spontaneous days.

Oh well, going to run for now. Have a good day all.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was awake for a while during the night. I slept until about 7:30.

Breakfast was Cheerios and a banana.

I am not sure what I will do today.

Penny