Daily Check In January 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis,

Kitty,
Good to hear from you. I hope things go well for the family and you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Around here today? I the idea is to get out of the house. I'd like to get a few containers at Dollar Tree for storing my pre-made lunches/suppers in the freezer. I'll be making Chili on Wednesday so today, I need to cook the kidney beans in the crockpot. I made a VERY good supper last night in it, Chicken Marrakesh. I'd heard of it before but never had a recipe until my friend, Sharon in Boston, sent me one. It has carrots, sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken (of course) and some lovely spices. It was very good. I'll be packaging that up for the freezer. I had it as soup last night but in the future think I will serve it with rice.

Tonight? It's kind of up in the air as it is the last NFL night until the weekend. It's the last of the wild card slot games. Whoever wins tonight gets into the wild card slots for the playoffs!! I'm looking forward to it.

We've gotten the same weather as Jackie, nice for the weekend but a storm rolling in tonight with a drop in temperatures. We did get a light, fluffy snowfall and fortunately none of the freezing rain they kept mentioning.

I have been seriously thinking of getting a couple of balls of yarn at Wal-mart to knit myself a pair of slippers. Next month might be the time to do so. I've been shopping their yarn on line and they have a good selection of Red Heart. I find that to be a good brand.

Betty White's 100th Birthday is today, whether here or in heaven, I took part in honoring her wonderful life of gifts and love of animals by participating in the Betty White Challenge to give $5 to a rescue of you choice. I gave to our One at a Time Rescue as they pull cats from the pound before they are to be euthanized because the pound gets to full of cats. They have rescued quite a few and some have been pregnant. They find homes for all of them, almost 1,000 last year. I donate items from around the house when they have auctions to raise money too. They also are saving dogs this year because they want to balance out how the rescue functions to save dogs and cats. I encourage all to give $5 to a rescue of your choice. :)

I got up late and can't believe how far into the day it is already. Time for lunch and coffee.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, you deserve all the virtual hugs. (((HUGS))) I hope and pray things get better soon for your family and especially for your DD.

Other things here around the atomic ranch (this is an inside joke because our house is a California-style ranch built in the 1950s): DH went out to pick up his new glasses and I dived into his grubby home office to clean it up. The dogs sleep in there at night and it gets rather awful. I quickly dusted, swept, mopped, tidied up my tiny desk that is stuck in one corner and am laundering the dog beds.

I would like to go to the At Home store and get a new mattress topper for DS's bed, but am really reluctant to go anywhere these days. Will have to think on it a bit.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:06 pm Hello all,

Just as quick check in to let you know that while all is not wonderful around here we are okay.
I will try to check in more often but can't promise daily.
The virus has been thru my family more than once for some and now DD2 has to have surgery on the 24th. She developed an esophageal hernia and has to have surgery to fix it. She has had digestive issues for years and now this...but it is fixable. Just trying to get it fixed before it gets worse. You can see it thru her t shirts. Not going to lie, it's scary looking.

Because of all of the stuff going on and around I very seldom leave the property, I made a trip to the recycle depot and according to my life 360 app had not gone anywhere in 19 days and 20 hours.
I have watched the grands once a week for awhile, covid in the schools so remote learning. Then we went thru a week of pink eye...from the school.
I am still cooking at home and have been making buckets of soup and beans for the family as requested. I won't lie I am sick of my own cooking :roll: But the idea of going somewhere to eat sceeves me out to the point that I just can't do it.

I do try to read the forum daily, and pray for all of you. I continue to ask for your prayers for me and my family. This grey dreary weather gets to me a lot...seems to get worse as I get older. Trying to stay positive, hurry Spring!

JCKitty
SO glad to hear from you. Prayers for your family always. Special ones for your daughter. Take good care of yourself..we miss you.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi All. We got a foot of really heavy snow. DH used the snowblower while I cleaned up the steps.
Took a break to go sledding with the kids.
I have a seven year old Nissan pickup truck that just plows through this stuff...I love that thing.
Take care everyone. Stay safe.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:06 pm Hello all,

Just as quick check in to let you know that while all is not wonderful around here we are okay.
I will try to check in more often but can't promise daily.
The virus has been thru my family more than once for some and now DD2 has to have surgery on the 24th. She developed an esophageal hernia and has to have surgery to fix it. She has had digestive issues for years and now this...but it is fixable. Just trying to get it fixed before it gets worse. You can see it thru her t shirts. Not going to lie, it's scary looking.

Because of all of the stuff going on and around I very seldom leave the property, I made a trip to the recycle depot and according to my life 360 app had not gone anywhere in 19 days and 20 hours.
I have watched the grands once a week for awhile, covid in the schools so remote learning. Then we went thru a week of pink eye...from the school.
I am still cooking at home and have been making buckets of soup and beans for the family as requested. I won't lie I am sick of my own cooking :roll: But the idea of going somewhere to eat sceeves me out to the point that I just can't do it.

I do try to read the forum daily, and pray for all of you. I continue to ask for your prayers for me and my family. This grey dreary weather gets to me a lot...seems to get worse as I get older. Trying to stay positive, hurry Spring!

JCKitty
Kitty, (((Hugs))) to you and I will pray for you, your family and DD. Check in when you can. We miss you.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m at mom’s house and will go home soon. I got quite a bit done in the yard and enjoyed it. One inch of rain in the rain gauge. Talked to neighbor who has had pneumonia but is better now. She and her DH lost two younger friends to Covid. I wonder if they were vaccinated. Sad.