Daily check-in January 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check-in January 18, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:48 am Just to travel. No genealogy connections there. When I visited Europe in my youth I never went to Scandinavia because it was too expensive for a student and early career budget. So now is the time.

Have a good time. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Well one day I might get some decent sleep. Today I had to get up at 4. Then 5, 6, 7. At 7 the pups went out.

They are ready to go out again. I tried to just stay in bed and rest but no go. So I am up with a cup of coffee.

Plan on going to the library after lunch to deliver the Cricit. And then go to the grocery store. Need milk and things like that.

Hope all have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up about 5:30 this morning. I made pumpkin muffins this morning for breakfast. Very good. I wasn’t too sure, I followed the instructions from the pumpkin bread mix for the pumpkin spice baking mix. Worked out just fine. There are no instructions for muffins but I just shortened the baking time.

I have the rest of the muffins in the freezer.

I have unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I do have some more hand dishes to do. I have washed some but the drainer is full.

I need to continue to wash my new fabric. Since I don’t have a regular wash that needs doing today is a good day to do one or two. I have one fabric wash in the dryer and one in the washer, There is one more to go.

I accidentally signed up for prime. So I took advantage of it and ordered a black mens t-shirt. I am going to try that fabric for the robe for Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Now I need to work on designing the doll again. Meanwhile I am making other dolls.

I have a pattern to make a change purse size backpack. I am going to try it out. I have some denim. I am not ordering fabric to make it but the denim should work.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I went to bed late. I watched my Arizona Cardinals get KILLED by the LA Rams. I always cheer for a Cardinals team because that was our team in High School. LA had an exceptional game and deserved to win. I watched some news after the game was over and went to bed just before midnight. I got up at 6:30 am which is early for me. I know I'll get in a nap today. I just need that to keep going until 10 pm at least.

I am cooking 2 pounds of kidney beans. I will package up what I won't be using in tomorrow's chili and freeze them. I looked up cooking them in the crockpot. I couldn't believe that I learned you should NEVER cook kidney beans in a crockpot!! The temperature doesn't get high enough to kill off some kind of chemical that upsets the stomach and can make some people sick. Huh, who knew? I am doing them on the stove top after having soaked them all night. I looked up how to cook them and hopefully I get them to the texture i like for my chili and such.

I have to go out this afternoon and get some Sour Cream. I need it for my Sour Cream White Cake with Lemon Filling and Vanilla Frosting. I have to make up the lemon filling today also. Shouldn't take too much time, I have a Sherrif box mix for that.

We had a fair amount of snow overnight. Not enough to make cleaning off the Van horrific though, as long as there isn't a layer of icy rain in there some place I'll be good!

I want to go to a locally owned stationary store to get Dayton her birthday present. She turns 9 on Sunday and Zoe has her 41st birthday on Monday. Dayton was her birthday present 9 years ago! We always celebrate our birthday week. The pandemic put a crimp on us going out for a "family" dinner though. Still trying to think of a gift for Zoe. Maybe BEV would have an idea? She is an educational assistant at a school and works mostly with disabled kids. For Dayton I am going to get her a pack of 12 Staedtler Colored pencils that are also water color pencils. You can use them just like regular colore pencils and then if you use a wet paintbrush can get a lovely water color effect. The first time I ever heard of them was when I went to the Art Gallery for a show done with them. It was quite stunning. They only cost $6.00 so it's still within this month's budget as I knew I had these two birthdays to celebrate.

I got the dishes that were soaking in the sink done last night and put away this morning. Also got the dishwasher unloaded. I need to get another box of dishwasher detergent, that might be on the weekend though.

My friend, Spring, sent me a recipe off of a Facebook site that looks VERY good. I posted it in the recipes section. It is for Chicken Pot Pie Soup. She is going to make it today and I'll pick her brain to see what she would change about it or if she would keep to just sticking to the recipe.

I got up early and had two cups of coffee. I think I will have hash browns and eggs for lunch and maybe a sandwich for supper with soup.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning,

Rona is in da house. Today I could barely get out of bed. My blood sugar was also higher than usual. I will be going back to bed shortly and checking my temperature. I'm glad I was able to get things done yesterday and the day before so I don't have to worry about anything today.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beverley wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:19 pm Good morning,

Rona is in da house. Today I could barely get out of bed. My blood sugar was also higher than usual. I will be going back to bed shortly and checking my temperature. I'm glad I was able to get things done yesterday and the day before so I don't have to worry about anything today.

Bev
oh no. Take care.