Daily Check In January 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 19, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 19, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I would have been back before now but I was passing on some information about the forum and Erin's blog to someone who means a great deal to me. Hopefully she joins our group. Young and vibrant, just what we need more of. No offence Snowangel, and Momoftwo.

Pretty darn cold today so I doubt I will be going outside for my walk, unless I head out later after sunrise or in the early afternoon. It won't be as quiet then but at least I will get some fresh air. We also need to go out and plug in our vehicles if we want them to start.

So, what is happening on the homestead today on the frugal front. Well hopefully I can watch another episode of the new season of Call the Midwife and watch another episode of Vera while working on my t-shirt strip rug. I do believe that if I persevere on that over the next while I will have it completed and on the floor in front of my sink (will need to move it on dishwasher nights though).

I finished the draft dodgers early yesterday and so have them in front of the doors. I can already feel the difference in temperature in the hall and there is no cold draft on the floors. Now I need to put the sewing machine away for a bit and work on other things.

The knitting on the sock will continue in the evenings. I should be getting at least 2 pairs done this month. One pair less then I wanted but still moving toward that yearly goal.

I will also be cleaning and tidying the curio cabinet. Not a job I really enjoy as there are so many breakables in there, so many memories as well. It has to be done though in order to finish off the room.

Session three of the Bible Study will be watched as well. This one is going to take awhile. Eleven sessions is a very long study.

I need to check on the bread situation and see if I need to make more (soup and sandwich night) for the rest of the week. I may pull out a container of soup from downstairs in the freezer to use. May as well get those used up so that more can be made and stored away for use in the future. I love a mostly no cook meal.

So there is what will be happening around the old homestead.

Oh cute story. I had messaged our oldest about the neighbours having Covid (both young and in their 20's) and he messaged back that we were to be careful and go out as little as possible (something he should know we already do). He further added that because of Hubby's heart condition I should wrap him in bubble wrap. Hubby got a chuckle out of that one.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I turned my heat on for the first time this morning. It is in the 40s here. My house was 69 F. when I got up. It is a good test for my a/c-heat system because the warranty expires next month.

Patty, I received the email from Delta with the extension to 2023, also. I hope to use the credits this year but it is good to have more flexibility in case of who knows what. I hope you and your DH can use your credits.

I’m planning to visit my Starbucks friend at her condo this afternoon. She is the one with the boot on her leg so cannot drive. We are hoping it will be warm enough to sit outside by her condo pool. It is supposed to get to 70 F.

I thought about going for my passport photo this morning but decided to wait until tomorrow. I missed the boat on my passport renewal in terms of cost because the price went up by $20 at the end of December. I did not hear of the increase until a day or two before it went into effect.

Grocery store shelves in some sections were still pretty sparse. There was a sign on the Kleenex shelves about a shortage. They did have some boxes at full price - Kleenex only, no store brands - but I didn’t buy them. I use a lot of tissues blotting my eye drops but I’m going to try to use less.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:31 am Good morning friends.

I turned my heat on for the first time this morning. It is in the 40s here. My house was 69 F. when I got up. It is a good test for my a/c-heat system because the warranty expires next month.

Patty, I received the email from Delta with the extension to 2023, also. I hope to use the credits this year but it is good to have more flexibility in case of who knows what. I hope you and your DH can use your credits.

I’m planning to visit my Starbucks friend at her condo this afternoon. She is the one with the boot on her leg so cannot drive. We are hoping it will be warm enough to sit outside by her condo pool. It is supposed to get to 70 F.

I thought about going for my passport photo this morning but decided to wait until tomorrow. I missed the boat on my passport renewal in terms of cost because the price went up by $20 at the end of December. I did not hear of the increase until a day or two before it went into effect.

Grocery store shelves in some sections were still pretty sparse. There was a sign on the Kleenex shelves about a shortage. They did have some boxes at full price - Kleenex only, no store brands - but I didn’t buy them. I use a lot of tissues blotting my eye drops but I’m going to try to use less.

Have a good day.
I sure will be a good test for your HVAC system.

Lots of paper products here, what we seem to be low on is boxed cereals.
Jackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Prayers are needed here.

Took DH in for his surgeons/wound care appointment yesterday.

He could barely make it from the car to the office, the wound care nurse had us go to the ER.

They admitted him yesterday, I couldn't go in with him.

He had left his phone at home, they did allow me to bring it and a couple of other things and they gave them to him.

I have told my younger sister and she said that she was on her way over, (how sweet is that?) but I told her not to come, I was just in the car.

DH's sister called last night, I didn't tell her, she has so much to worry about and there is nothing that she can do about it right now.

My family is "older" than the DH's family. his grandmother was just 4 years older than my mother.

We always talked about death, we had so much of it, it was just part of our lives.

Yesterday, DH told me that he didn't want to be buried that he wanted to be above ground not in the ground. (I forget what it's called )

His mother' has room in her's, but he said no he wanted to be with me. that is sweet :shock:

when my father died in 1985 I bought a plot near him, so that won't work now, I'll have to look into another place, the same cemetery as my family, not his.

My parents are buried, not together, but in the same cemetery, also my grandparents, (3 of them) and great-grandparents.

I'm glad that he told me, no, he is not dying right now, but we are 71.

We will find out today if he is released or taken to another hospital for more tests. He does have CHF. (congestive heart failure)

The dogs are missing him.

IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 am Good morning,

Prayers are needed here.

Took DH in for his surgeons/wound care appointment yesterday.

He could barely make it from the car to the office, the wound care nurse had us go to the ER.

They admitted him yesterday, I couldn't go in with him.

He had left his phone at home, they did allow me to bring it and a couple of other things and they gave them to him.

I have told my younger sister and she said that she was on her way over, (how sweet is that?) but I told her not to come, I was just in the car.

DH's sister called last night, I didn't tell her, she has so much to worry about and there is nothing that she can do about it right now.

My family is "older" than the DH's family. his grandmother was just 4 years older than my mother.

We always talked about death, we had so much of it, it was just part of our lives.

Yesterday, DH told me that he didn't want to be buried that he wanted to be above ground not in the ground. (I forget what it's called )

His mother' has room in her's, but he said no he wanted to be with me. that is sweet :shock:

when my father died in 1985 I bought a plot near him, so that won't work now, I'll have to look into another place, the same cemetery as my family, not his.

My parents are buried, not together, but in the same cemetery, also my grandparents, (3 of them) and great-grandparents.

I'm glad that he told me, no, he is not dying right now, but we are 71.

We will find out today if he is released or taken to another hospital for more tests. He does have CHF. (congestive heart failure)

The dogs are missing him.

IC
I’ve just said a prayer for you and your DH and will keep you both in my prayers.

(((Hugs))) to you, IC. You are such a good person. You remind me of my mother (but much younger, of course)!