Daily Check in Jan 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 21, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Jan 21, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi again, Frugal Friends,

Yesterday I finished my last phone call at 4:15, tied my shoes and stepped outside for some fresh air. I lasted about 8 minutes. I failed to put on a scarf and my face was freezing. But I think it was helpful. I did not go back to sleep after the radio woke me up like I have been. I was out of the shower before the time I have been rolling out of bed.

I agreed to work on Sunday as my co-worker wanted his birthday off. So I am off Mon & Tues. So feels like not much else going on besides work. So I have been eating form home, not using gas...

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Maggie and everyone. Today is a day off - but again, my dogs don't understand "day off" so I've been up for a couple of hours. Breakfast was my own concoction of "refried corn bread" with some shredded cheese and tomato sauce - I am in "waste nothing" mode.

I am going to go see if I can get a little more sleep. Later today will be shoveling out the end of the driveway and getting my car going. Everyone take care.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a cold day today with temps not going above 20 degrees; it's 9 degrees F. (wind chill -5) now. The good news is that there's no snow in the forecast and there will be some sun.

Have been up for a couple of hours and read the newspaper and finished my exercising for the day. Today I want to put together next month's menu, update my prescription records so I can place reorder information on my calendar and update some records in my planner. I also want to do some research on nutrition values for Lean Cuisine as they are on sale this week and I want to see how I can fit some into my WW points.

Had an issue with the P.O. the other day. I have informed mail and it showed two letters from one of my investment firms for delivery; only got one. Waited till next day and still not there. Called them and told them what was wrong (documents contain almost enough information to cause problems if they fell into wrong hands). I told them it's tax time now and missing or misdirected mail containing social security numbers could cause a great deal of problems for people so they really need to be a whole lot more careful. My town has had mail problems for the last year and a half at least. I got lucky, though, as the letter was found (unopened) and I got it yesterday. I had also contacted the investment company as I had opened an online account and requested email and online access of documents only and don't know why I was still being sent paper copies. Hope they figured out the problem there as well.

Well, I'm off for now. Have a good day and stay warm.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

As I mentioned late yesterday we took the truck to the dealership late yesterday afternoon, and it is a good thing we did. I really slept in, probably because of being up slightly later reading last night.

Our temperature is hovering just below freezing right now and I plan on taking a walk once I finish this post. That is if the forecasted rain did not fall overnight causing ice (another reason for taking the truck in early).

Not much to be done on the old homestead today. I plan on getting at least two of the three closets cleaned and organized today. The linen closet and actually the hall pantry are in fact already tidy and organized as I seem to keep those in pretty darn good condition. The coat closet and the closet where I keep my broom, and the refuse bin are the problem. Then of course there is the cupboard above the steps that needs a bit of a clean rather than a tidy and organize. The old air fryer is in there and I would like to get it out, cleaned up and donated.

As far as household tasks I need to dust, tidy the living room, vacuum, wipe off a few emptier shelves in the fridge, and not really a chore but something I need to do watch the Bible study video.

Oh boy, I guess we did get rain last night. Hubby said that at about midnight he looked out and the front window was a sheet of ice. Guess who won't be out for a walk after all.

I had trouble sleeping last night and got up to lay on the couch (another reason for sleeping in yet again) and when I peaked out the window (no ice at that time so it really warmed up) there were 6 deer in the yard across the street. All does and smaller yearlings (is that what they are called?), after a few moments of watching them they crossed to our side of the road and disappeared from sight. They all looked very healthy which is a good thing.

Frugally speaking the only money to be spent will be on the truck service, and I do so hope it is reasonable. Last time things started going wrong on it the bill was such that I wondered if it was worth fixing.

I will be sticking close to home instead of going out on the roads any time soon. I will have to go and take Hubby to the dealership later in the day. I will work around the house recycling items to be used in my organizational projects and being as frugal as possible.

Supper tonight is going to be pancakes, something we have not had in awhile.

Today I am grateful for being retired and not having to drive on these days of ice and coming snow.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning! A frosty 4 degrees.
Same old here....
My 13 year old granddaughter wants to have sleepover tonight..16 yr. old will most likely join in. I LOVE that they still like to do this...:)
The chili I made last night was really good. I should make it more often.
I need to reload the wood rack on the porch when it warms up a bit later.