Daily Check In January 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalaaron

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2022

Post by frugalaaron »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:05 am and me stuck with a Lab and a beagle...and whatever multi-mix my daughter's dog is...lol. I LOVE German Shepherds!
Both of those are great too! Our cabin neighbor has a beagle named Scooby. He's a great alerter. And, one of my best friends growing up had a Lab. When it comes down to it, Labs will protect you just like a German Shepherd.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:38 pm Update:

Just had a bowl of Patty's Taco Soup for supper. It was so good! It's going to be made around here quite a lot!! Very tasty and filling too.

My Tennessee Titans were tied up in the game with only 20 seconds to go in the game. They were intercepted in their own zone and the Cincanatti Bengals went on to win with a field goal. It was SO close!! Now, as a Minnesota Vikings' fan, I am obligated to cheer heartily AGAINST those weasely Green Bay Packers! I've been cheering for the 49ers this year so I'm okay with cheering like crazy for them to win! Guess I'll see with how the night turns out if one of my teams is going to win. One of the sports analysts picked San Fransisco to win by 10 points. I hope he is correct!

That's the update skinny!

MJ
Who Dey! is all over my social media media feeds as well and front of the newspaper. Bengals have NEER won a playoff game away until now.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:55 pm Who Dey! is all over my social media media feeds as well and front of the newspaper. Bengals have NEER won a playoff game away until now.
It was really nice that in the end the Bengals won. They've gone a long time without getting in so many playoff wins.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:01 pm Before being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I had arthritis in the ball of my right foot, at the joint at the base of my big toe. Wow, did it hurt, nearly constantly. Came to accept that it was just the way it was going to be; my Dad had arthritis that had set in early, too, and I figured I likely inherited the cause from him.

Along came CD and having to give up everything with gluten. Funny thing, about 2 months into the new way of eating, my foot no longer hurt. Hasn't hurt since. My gastroenterologist wasn't at all surprised, but my PCP sure was! :lol:
That's great! And so encouraging.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:38 pm Update:

Just had a bowl of Patty's Taco Soup for supper. It was so good! It's going to be made around here quite a lot!! Very tasty and filling too.

My Tennessee Titans were tied up in the game with only 20 seconds to go in the game. They were intercepted in their own zone and the Cincanatti Bengals went on to win with a field goal. It was SO close!! Now, as a Minnesota Vikings' fan, I am obligated to cheer heartily AGAINST those weasely Green Bay Packers! I've been cheering for the 49ers this year so I'm okay with cheering like crazy for them to win! Guess I'll see with how the night turns out if one of my teams is going to win. One of the sports analysts picked San Fransisco to win by 10 points. I hope he is correct!

That's the update skinny!

MJ
I'm so glad you like the soup. We love it. The Titans game was heartbreaking.
Patty
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

chocolite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:19 pm I'm so glad you like the soup. We love it. The Titans game was heartbreaking.
The Titans, Packers and Bucs' (my three favorites) games were all heartbreaking this weekend. :(