Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:06 pm Update;

I have started the renter's "exit plan". I have agonized over this for way too long, researched and written down implications for months.
I have spoken to her and raised her rent starting March1 and told her she needs to be finding something else by late spring early summer and that as soon as the new roof is installed; Rent will go up to closer to market value. To plan accordingly, she can stay if she pays said amount and does NOT harangue on me for things that are minor maintenance.
She was okay with it and said she knows she has been there under my good graces too long.
I felt terrible about this but it has just brought me way too low for too long.

So much of my anguish has been because I want to do the right thing, the Bible tells us to look out for one another and to "do good" I have just had a terrible time trying to figure out how to balance Biblical teaching and this situation.

Thank you all for listening and encouragement.
JCKitty
Hi Kitty. Just my opinion...but there is a difference in doing the right thing...and having someone take a HUGE advantage. You have gone WAY above and beyond with your renter.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:38 pm Another crazy football game. Don't even know why I got interested in them. But the Bills/Chiefs game was cray cray - lol
Wasn't it??? By the end I was pulling for the Chiefs, mostly because of Mahomes. But to think...that game was basically won by the luck of the coin toss. So sad for Buffalo.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, good for you, hon. (((hugs)))
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Way to go Kitty. You need to do what is best for your physical and mental health.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:06 pm Happy birthday Janet !!! :D :D :D

I wrote yesterday, but can't find the post.

short story, DH came home yesterday, Thursday, he had a procedure, they had to send him to another hospital on Friday to take the calcium out and put a stent in.

He came home yesterday, I'm glad to have him home, he talks like he is going to eat better and exercise, I hope so, but...

we called his sister yesterday to tell her, she cried and was mad at me because we didn't tell her.

There was nothing that she could have done besides worry, and she has her own problems with her DH, thankfully he doesn't have Parkinson's, but now they have to figure out what his drugs are doing to him.

My youngest sister called yesterday, she was in the hospital, she was released today. they are thinking it's MRSA, they will tell her later.

IC
IC good to hear your DH is home and doing ok.

Sorry to hear about your DS. Hope she will get well soon.

Good to hear your BIL does not have Parkinson's and that they can find out if it is related to medication.

Take care of yourself as well as your DH.
Janet Alliesmama