Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:49 am Happy Birthday, Janet! I’m glad that you treated yourself to some new tops and that you’ll make a special birthday dinner today. Have a good day!
Thank you, Florida cat
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:52 am Have a happy birthday and enjoy your special dinner.
Thank you, Jackie,
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:57 am Good morning friends.

It’s an overcast day here. I slept well but woke up several times so it wasn’t as good a sleep as the previous night. Yesterday I had a really good day that I attribute to feeling so rested.

I plan to stay home. I’ll consolidate the folders I have for Pippi’s records. I’m giving one of Pippi’s fountains to my friend’s daughter so I’ll write her a note on the cleaning and pump upkeep. I have several new filters but knowing she has a tight budget I may order a box of filters to keep her stocked for awhile.

Overall, it will be a quiet day.

Take care.
Florida Cat that is so sweet and thoughtful of you to give something that belonged to Pippi away and to provide extra filters.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:02 am Good morning, frugal friends. I slept really well last night, having taken the right OTC meds thanks to Janet's advice about my headache being sinus pain.

Happy birthday, Janet!

Today I must do laundry, put gas in my car, and cook up some steel cut oatmeal for my breakfasts. Also would like to make some apple bran muffins to add to my lunches. Supper tonight will be pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs.

The dogs really need a bath, but it's just too cold for them to stay damp all day. DS has promised to run the mower over the back yard (it is a small yard) to clean up the winter grass, and I want him to clean out his car, which is starting to resemble a rolling trash can. *sighs* He takes great care of it mechanically, but it's one of his mess-blind spots.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.

Mackie glad that the advice helped.

Thank you for the Happy birthday.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:04 am To allies (Janet)

A VERY happy birthday to you!!!!!
Thank you, Logics
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 am Good morning all.

We're at our high already for today, 26 degrees F, partly cloudy and chance of flurries.

Just finished putting away some things I got this morning from the grocery story. Ground turkey was on sale so I've added that to my "mix". I have one last big purchase of meat, ground beef, this week and then I won't have to think about purchasing meat for at least 6 months.

Today I want to make a turkey meatloaf; it will be the first time using a meat other than ground beef. I got a 3lb package at $5.99 which I thought was a good price considering today's grocery costs. I'll split it between the meatloaf and turkey burgers. The last couple of years I started getting interested in making different things for myself. When I was working, I felt that I wanted to add some fun into my day and cooking wasn't it. Now I have the time to search the internet and the time to experiment, all while sticking to the challenge of keeping the food within the WW old point system. They've even changed the name of the program, but it's OK because the old one works for me.

Today will probably be a whatever I feel like doing at the moment kind of a day although I do want to squeeze some reading in as well as watch the Hallmark movie that was featured last evening.

Well here's wishing all a great day.
Logics I am impressed that you have been able to stock up on so much meat. It will really be a nice hedge against the rising costs of food especially meat. Years and years ago I lost a lot of weight on the original WW. However, got lazy and careless and gained it all back and then some. Good luck with the WW system it does work.
Janet Alliesmama