Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by icfrugal1 »

Happy birthday Janet !!! :D :D :D

I wrote yesterday, but can't find the post.

short story, DH came home yesterday, Thursday, he had a procedure, they had to send him to another hospital on Friday to take the calcium out and put a stent in.

He came home yesterday, I'm glad to have him home, he talks like he is going to eat better and exercise, I hope so, but...

we called his sister yesterday to tell her, she cried and was mad at me because we didn't tell her.

There was nothing that she could have done besides worry, and she has her own problems with her DH, thankfully he doesn't have Parkinson's, but now they have to figure out what his drugs are doing to him.

My youngest sister called yesterday, she was in the hospital, she was released today. they are thinking it's MRSA, they will tell her later.

IC
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Kitty I would give her fair written notice. You are being taken advantage of. IF and I say again IF, you were to decide to let her stay after the fair notice I would be very clear and have literally everything in writing. Have it signed and notarized. This is what you will do and this is what she will do with a timeline for each thing, with a set out schedule. Or tell her if she stay s you need fair market rate for anything in the fugure.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

There are 9 minutes left in the Los Angeles Rams vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers game. 17 to 3 in favor of the Rams. Tampa Bay has the home team advantage so we will see how this game goes. I'm kinda in the Rams camp as I have cousins in the LA metro area. We will see how it all goes this afternoon. The BIG game for me is tonight's game of Buffalo Bills vs Kansas City Chiefs. I life both teams but am going for Buffalo. I, again, have cousins in the area and would like to see them go further in the playoffs, maybe even the Super Bowl! The Chiefs were there just two years ago so. . .

Had Taco Soup for lunch. Patty is so correct when she says taco chips and a dollop of sour cream is good with it. Perfect lunch!

I am starting to fade. I got up before 8 am after going to bed after 1:30 am last night. UGH! I was dinkin' around on the computer and such and missed my pre-lunch nap. When I realized I was fading? I looked at the clock and the game was ready to start! Phooey! I really need some more coffee if I am going to be alert for the 5:30 game time! Quelle horreur!! I have to stay up until at least 9 pm! Hope I make it!

Had a VERY weird hour start to my day. A guy, who is an acquaitance, has been posting these extremely long screeds of medical complaints that he has been filing ALL OVER THE COUNTRY! To all the Manitoba Health People, Physicians' College, Health Minister, Deputy Health Minister, Opposition Health Critic, Member of Parliament, Leader of the NDP, Leader of the Liberals, Leader of the Conservatives (both Provincial and Federally), well, you catch my drift, everyone he can think of gets this blizzard of emails at like 5 in the morning etc. He was posting to me when and who he sent them too. I did my best to discourage this behvior, "I think it's best you don't contact to many people. Leave it concentrated to the few that actually deal with what you are complaining about." That went nowhere. Imagine if you were at work and got like an 80-page email accusing you of trying to "murder someone?" He is accusing the medical community of having done that to him and he wants REVENGE somehow. I hate it. He's gone off the deep end and I hit the unfollow key for his facebook posts. Sometime overnight, he sent me a letter he had gotten from one of the Province's health authorities telling them he wasn't to attend their facilities unless it was for medical reasons. The RCMP would be called if he tried to attend for any other reason. He said to me, "SEE?! They are NAZIs!! That hospital and dr. tried to murder me and now they want to deny me medical treatment!!" I replied that wasn't true as they said he could still go for treatement to a clinic or ER. His response? "Why would I go back to that concentration camp to be treated by dr. Megele?! (meaning the doctor he had seen)." UGH. I told him it was inappropriate to compare his treatment to over 6 million Jews being slaughtered in a mass genocide. He replied, "DON'T tell me who I can compare it too! WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON??!!" SANITY!! I'm on the side of SANITY! I believe he has gone off his bipolar medications (part of the reason he is being "murdered" with pharmaceutical and was place in a health facility for a month or so to get them straightened out. He's definitely manic to be up all night writing dozens of pages of, well, delusional crap, and is feeling persecuted. He is delusional and definitely needs help. **I** can't do that. He lives with two family members and THEY should be doing something. To my good fortune? He determined I was on the wrong side and blocked me!! I've never been so relieved in my life! WHEW! Dodge that bullet, kinda.

After that? I puttered around and watched my Sunday shows and tried to get over what a whack-a-doodle FB messaging time that had been. By then? I'd lost my nap time and here I am! Only 1:25 left in the first half now and it is now 20 to 3 with the Rams in the lead!

Pretty easy for me to be frugal on Sundays during NFL season. :mrgreen: I better start picking up on Basketball so I have another reason to not leave the house and avoid spending money! I haven't been out of the house since Thursday so all days in between then and now have been no spend days. I got my heating bill (well, really the hydro bill for electricity) for part of the period I was forced to use the space heaters for heat. It was $98. That's more than DOUBLE what I usually pay in a month. The landlord is DEFINITELY going to pay this as I have already saved the page from the Residential Tenancies Act that says he is legally bound to pay for it. Then I will have to watch the bill for next month too as some of the cost of using space heaters will be on it too. They are not going to try and pass this off on US! No way Jose!

Anyhoo, that's the Skinny from around here! Time to watch the highlights during the half-time show!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I've walked to "all the stores", put everything away, and it's time to snuggle down and watch another episode of Call the Midwife (thanks Patty!) before going to sleep early. DD and company brought me a curly fry from Arby's (her SO got his car going) so I didn't have to reheat anything for my supper. I cored and sliced an apple and dipped the slices into peanut butter to make the meal a little healthier.

It is snowing fast and furious again and the plow trucks are out - we just got done digging out from the last big snow. Well, gong to go enjoy my show while the dogs are snoozing - they will get up and go outside one more time before we call it a night - it's crazy how they put themselves on their own schedule.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:58 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Thought I would just briefly pop in after hearing some of you were wondering how I was. My immediate family and myself are all well, Covid free so far and just finding our winter to be cold and hard! Lots of snow but too cold for it to be really enjoyable with cross country skiing and snow shoeing. The snow clearing has been forcing us to go outside a bit, and I do make an effort to collect the mail daily.

I have been having some challenges with my estrogen suppressor once again (Letrozole), but will try to persevere for a full two years, as recommended by my oncologist. Normally you take it for five years but he has agreed after the two years to just monitor my situation closely. In all honesty it’s probably a combination of the medication and our very strict Covid restrictions that’s taking a toll. Never mess with a woman’s hormones, is what I say! I know I have so much to be grateful for, but your emotions are never rational.

I had my last mammogram on Jan 11, but haven’t received the results yet. But I am sure I would have heard by now if there were any abnormalities. I also had a dental filling restored last Thursday and admit to being a wimp for anything else besides a cleaning. The filling had lasted me 45 years!! My dentist gave me a 20% discount since we dropped our dental coverage. I thought that was very nice - he is very patient, kind and gentle with me as a reluctant patient.

It’s a bit hard to check in every day when I don’t feel I have anything particularly interesting or frugal to share. I do miss you all and thank you for your concern. I will try to keep in touch.

Creative
So nice to see a post from you. Heck I don't think I ever have anything interesting to say.....I just check in so that all know I am still alive and kicking. LOL.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

My chicken was just slightly too large to fit in the basket of the air fryer, so it is in the oven. I just finished putting some potatoes in to roast. After I finish this post I will start some frozen mixed veggies, and set the table putting out our supplements that we take with our meal.

It is beginning to become overcast and we will more than likely be getting snow or rain soon (it is just above freezing so rain is definitely possible).

I filled out most of the paperwork for my scan on the 31st and did work on the rug. I got two more sections completed as well as cut down the 2" wide strips into smaller ones. I hope to get at least two of the four sections left completed tomorrow afternoon. I am working on this until it is done.... Then I will pull out the hand quilting to get moving on once again.

I have an idea to use up some more of the smaller leftover balls of yarn. Got it from Pinterest so will work on figuring that out. I don't know if I have all that would be necessary to make the project, but I could get a really good head start on it.

Off to set the table and get the rest of the supper started.... Might change my mind on the veggies and make a salad instead, got some bits and bobs that definitely need using.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/