Daily Check-in January 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I am just so tired out. I want to crawl into bed, but know there are a few (very few) things left to do.

I will not be doing Zoom dance tonight, just too blah to even give it a partial go. I will try for Thursday's dance.

Supper will be on the table soon, it's a mish mash of things from the fridge to clear it out and the leftover ham from the fridge freezer warmed up. Nothing exciting I am afraid, just couldn't put my mind to it.

I did get the apple strudel type of dessert made earlier though.

Talk to you all later unless I go to bed way early.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 pm Update:

DD home and thank goodness we had the foresight to buy a huge bag of popsicles the other day at the DG.
She just wants to rest and I am fine with that. She of course has restrictions, but she will be vigilant.

Owned, I am just so sorry to hear about your sister and the rest of your family. And now Covid, I hope you stay well and your sister rests well.

I really need a nap but of course I am too amped up to rest.
I pulled several single servings from the freezer, plenty to choose from IF I get hungry.

JCKitty
Glad your DD is home. Wishing her a very speedy recovery.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 pm My sister was put on hospice Friday with the round of visits starting today. Oxygen was increased to 4 liters and nebrilizer treatment 4 times a day. Just found out one daughter has COVID. Granddaughter has it too, different households and not seen each other since Christmas.she is quarantined with 3 kids. Her dad is the one up here helping about every day. We have all been vacacanated. I have had a sore throat for awhile,so hope I don’t have it. Did see daughter Thursday.
I am sorry Owned. Prayers being said for your family.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:53 pm JCKitty, does your DD by any chance have red hair? Red heads have a genetic variation that makes them both feel more pain and be immune to anesthetics. It takes much more pain medication for them.
!! That explains so much!
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Where did the day go? It's already past 11:30pm. Started the day off making shower steamers. Then, it's a blur, lol. Somehow we managed to get a long walk in, though, and watch Jeopardy. Amy Schneider's winning streak is still going. Good night, everyone.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Two vaccines, a booster, and masking everywhere he goes. With ALL that, guess who's sick? DH!! He cropped up positive this morning. We rearranged the office and master so that his stuff is all in one place and mine is in another and the two don't meet. He only comes out double-masked. DD is a Lysol fiend, she's cleaning and spraying everything.

Other weird thing... the only possible exposure we figure he's had is via DD, whose clinical assignment last week was the ER, where many new covid patients were brought in. But DD wasn't sick (and by the grace of God, still isn't). So it either skipped her, or she caught it and is completely asymptomatic.

This bug is totally weird. In 23+ years I've never seen this guy truly "sick" - he's had the flu, but all he did was sleep for a full day, declare it "rough," and carry on - no more symptoms. This thing, he sounds horrible and is treating all the symptoms with meds and occasionally saying things like "man, my throat hurts."