Daily Check In January 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I had my Zoom deposition this morning. Stressful! It took about 45 minutes and the defense lawyer asked a lot of questions about the guy’s description. I’m so bad at that but did my best. I think it is going to boil down to verification of his identity. I hope it doesn’t go to trial but I have the feeling it will because the guy is looking at a very long prison term if he pleads because he is a repeat offender. At least it is done.

I had to get my mind off of it so even though it is a rainy, raw day I went to Publix. I’m going to have to start going at the start of the ad period for sale items because again this week I couldn’t get one item I especially wanted (Post Shredded Wheat and Bran B1G1). Who knows, they may not have had it at the start of the ad. No rain checks any more at Publix. Many shelves not well stocked.

I’ll do my puzzle now. It is called The Story of Impressionism and is quite hard and not a very high quality puzzle. Still, I’m enjoying it but only have about 1/4 done.

Covid may be on the back burner soon if Russia invades Ukraine. I don’t like the ratcheting up of military talk.

Have a good day and I hope things improve for all who are unwell and have loved ones unwell.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Getting my lunch break in peace, as the meals for the sick kids arrived early today.

I took the multiple excess meals from yesterday that were placed in the fridge right away and deconstructed them this morning. Some of the side dishes are not identifiable. There was something that appeared to be a horrible melange of boiled broccoli, quinoa and white rice mashed together and I can never tell the dining hall's take on turnip greens from boiled kale. They manage to make both smell like dirty feet. It went in the trash with the horrible melange.

So I packaged up the pulled pork and the corn on the cob in zip-lock bags and put that in the freezer for anyone who wants it. It looks a lot more appetizing separated from the green mess. It has really been hurting my heart to just throw out the food day after day.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!

Currently 20 here and the sun has come out. Just got back from my Walmart pickup; they had almost all the cat food I ordered and part of the shredded cheese.

Since I was near Aldi, stopped there to do a stock-up on basics (Including a half-dozen cans of their cat food brand; my pair will be fine for quite a stretch). Couldn't find baking mix this time, though I did pick up some boxed stuffing on markdown.

This was the first time I've worn an N95 mask. It certainly fits tightly — learned quickly that I'd better take off my glasses before I put it on. I found it hard to breathe at first, though I got used to it. DH, on the other hand, likes them a lot. Says it's easier to breathe in than in a cloth mask. I'll be interested in seeing what style the free masks will be.

Anyway, off to bake some apricot bread. Need to use up the canned fruit, so giving this recipe a try.

Owned, (((hugs))). Kitty, glad your DD is on the mend. Mackie, good move on the excess food!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Floridacatlover, I am sure you did as best as you could for the deposition. I think anything that involves the court is stressful. Try not to think about it anymore.

My Shingrix vaccine was on time this morning and I haven’t had any side effects from it. I didn’t the first time either. My car is currently at the garage for the recall repair to the fuel pump. Dh got a courtesy ride back and I used his car to get to the clinic and give Dd2 a ride to the hospital. With the temperature at -38 degrees C or -36.4 F., I didn’t want her to walk. It won’t be warming up much today so I will only go for a quick walk to the mailbox.

I vacuumed the upstairs storey when I returned home and emptied the dust canister and cleaned the power brush of the portable vacuum. I do love my Dyson as it picks up the cat fur very well. Lunch was a huge sold and an embellished boxed pizza. I added yellow pepper and sliced tomatoes. Good thing it was used up as it had already explained.

I must figure out a few chores for this afternoon but there’s nothing really pressing that needs to be done. I cleaned the toaster of crumbs this morning so perhaps should deep clean the counters and clean the cupboard under the kitchen sink. I really should go on the treadmill, but will skip the weights because of the vaccine.

Jackie I hope you can shake your blahs. I have been watching some YouTube videos about the remote island of Svalbard, which is the northern most community in the world and they literally have no sunlight at this time of year. They must wear a headlight on their hat when they head outside during the day. Surprisingly the temperatures they get are not any colder than we get. It’s on a remote island owned by Sweden close to the Arctic Circle. The nearest town to these vloggers is Longyearbyen. I cannot fathom having to live like that. They must carry a rifle as protection from polar bears and the stores have lockers outside so you can safely store your rifle before entering the store. I think I feel a bit better about our winter after watching this. On one episode they mentioned having to pay $10 000 U.S. to have their kitchen granite countertops delivered! That’s just for delivery. They also bought a gas stove from Italy. Everything is delivered by sea. As far as my neck of the woods, I am enjoying some brilliant sunshine right now.

Well I am off to find something productive to do. That truck convoy passes near our city at 4 pm today. Hopefully they don’t slow the traffic down too much on Highway 11/17! We won’t be going to check things out, that’s for sure.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well my day (which did not have alot on it anyway as such), is pretty well shot to &#@!.

I woke up with excruciating lower right back right at the waist area( I've drastically increased my strength training component including weights and after this and my arm I think I'm going to go back and so all the new exercises I've never done only with weights until I feel comfy)

I just took to Tylenol arthritis and put Voltaren cream on my back as well as stretching. But it's bad enough I pan to jump in the car and visit Panera rather than cook. That will put me three days over 1700 diet calories but it should be no weight gain. I might walk around the courtyard if it subsides a bit.

So I know some people (I think some people ) on the forum take Jardian? I just started in November, took two months at forty six bucks and now it's gone over a hundred per month. (its not a deductible issue so I need to check it out). I've already lost fifteen pounds and feel I can lower my A! C in the next couple months so I can just go back to Glipizide, but I tell you!

I put the word out on my buy nothing group that I wanted old flannel and cotton and while I did not get that as such, three people each gave me boxes of fabric. Some are things I may never use, and all are not my color but I am determined to rescue this stuff before it hits the landfill, so we will see what I do with it to make it usagle. Most are hal yard pieces and some are even much smaller. I am sorting it at my craft table now.

Then I once it's olut of the way I will work on machine binding my current quilt and working on the "Cheery blossom" fabric I am using for a few Valentine projects including a rag wreath.

I really need some milk and fruit, but I will make due with no milk and frozen fruit until tomorrow.

Anyway I am working on my big two week plus menu plan and shopping list. This week will be a Schwan's order and I will mainly just get salads and fruit and such for sides.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I didn't get around to checking in yesterday. I was reading other stuff and then by the time it got around to supper? I was so tired from NFL football and staying up very late all weekend, I went to bed early. That felt good!

My cousin, Dan (who lives in Kingston Springs, TN) and I watched all four games together by messenger on FB. 3 of our four teams won. We were quite happy. We both about stroked out as every game came down to single digits tied and then won by a field goal, except for one what was won in overtime by a touchdown. WHEW! That really got my blood pressure cooking. So exciting and made for a good Saturday and Sunday. Next weekend we have plans to watch together again! As Minnesotans (who by state obligation are necessitated to hate the Packers), we LOVED seeing Aaron Rodgers get sacked so many times and the Packers losing with only seconds left in the game

Mackie!
You're killing me with your apple cinnamon muffins talk! I'll have to get out a cookbook and then look into getting some apples! I'm maybe going to be making muffins or a rhubarb crisp this week. Have yet to decide. The last thing I baked was my birthday cake last week. It was so good and I gave 1/4 of it to a friend who said it was really good.

The unloading the dishwasher task has come up again. Should have it done this afternoon before supper. Then I'll load up some pots and pans and plastic containers to put left overs into. I'm glad I have extra of those containers because I used almost all of the ones I have storing my Chicken Marrakesh and chili in the freezer last week.

It was -33C/ 27.4 F with real feel of -46C/-50.8 this morning when I got up at 9 am. ZOIKES!! That gives me every reason to be a hermit in my apartment. I am not going out into that even if it has "warmed up" to -27C/-16.6F out there. NOPE don't do that kinda cold. I can pretty much handle stuff until it goes below -20C.

UGH! That truck convoy was to come through Brandon around 11 am. I've been reading the comments on the news articles that have been put out on it. I'm just astounded by the fact that I am surrounded by so many ignorant CANADIANS and for SOME reason, alt-right women are standing up and commenting the most. It just goes to show the level of depravity of some people. Let's see if they have "50 thousand!!!" trucks as they keep asserting in their comments. It's laughable really if it didn't make you so angry at their selfishness and sense of entitlement. It's mostly going to be jacked-up Pick-up trucks driven by punks out of Alberta anyhoo. Sigh.

My plan for this afternoon, after a nap, is to work in the kitchen. My canned goods shelves need to be better organised and I believe I have some quart canning jars under there that I have been using to store lentil and dried beans in. I'll have to put last week's dried beans into jars and take an inventory of what other goodies I have for beans and lentils.

Not much else planned for the day.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.