Daily Check In January 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2022

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:43 pm I’ve never been a shopper or browser unlike many of my generation that haunted the malls. But the past few days I’ve wished so much that I could just go into Bealls, Kirklands, Tuesday Morning etc. and just browse. I HOPE I’ll feel comfortable doing that by March. Sigh. Sometimes I think, oh well if I get the virus it won’t be bad. Then when I read about SandiWAHM’s DH who got it even though vaxxed and wearing masks and feels really lousy (and hopefully won’t get worse). Damn this virus.
This. This is exactly how I feel. I never was a "window shopper" but I do miss being able to walk through a store. And what I hate most of all is that even when the virus is gone, I still won't be able to do it. Nerve damage is a $#!itch. I am mourning this these days, and I'm trying to feel the feelings and not just push them to the back and go somewhere else in my head. It's hard and it's not my normal way of dealing with stuff.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Quilter, an infectious disease doc who is regularly interviewed on our local news said that virtually all current cases here in Memphis are Omicron. Dunno if that's the case down there.

Evening, all. A late - and quick - check in for me. It's been a really cold day here. Yesterday was lovely. I got out for a bit. Had to take Audrey to get her 6 month heartguard shot. It wasn't a good day for me, mobility-wise though, so I had DH attach her to her tether on my backseat, drove to the vet and had the vet tech come out to the car to get her. Then once they brought her back out, a girl came out with one of those portable c/c units so I could pay. Have I mentioned I love my vet. Anyway, what would have been a lovely drive on a 60-degree day was pretty miserable due to a whining dog. Ugh. Oh well...she's allowed to have a bad day too, I guess.

Today has been a quiet day. I wrote for a couple hours this morning, then played on the computer some. I ended up making cheeseburgers (no cheese for DH) and I experimented with making almond flour "buns" - which turned out pretty darn good to me. DH just had his with salad, but I had an actual, honest-to-goodness cheeseburger with bread. And it was super low carb. Win-win!

I put in a Walmart grocery order and will pick it up Thursday morning. Unless I want to go of an evening, I can never get a next day pick up there. It's okay though; we aren't desperately low on anything.

I think I'm going to start watching Archive 81 on Netflix tonight. It's a horror series. It's been a long time since I had something good and scary to watch and I'm definitely in the mood. I always think of Sandy when I watch scary stuff - she was always my compatriot in watching and discussing. I haven't seen a post from her on the board in several months. Hope she's doing okay.

Hugs and my very best wishes to all who are sick/have sick loved ones.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Just sort of woke up. I took a nap!

Wow - does bacon cost that much JCKitty? The COD buys the bundle of 3 - 1lb packs. I will have to ask him how much they are!!

It does last us a long time.

It was nice and warm this afternoon and then it got chilly cold out there. Thankfully the pups didn't stay out too long.

Now I am wide awake!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I do go into some stores. Nit groceries but I have bern in the quilting store and the fabric store and trying to get up the gumption to hit a thrift store tho I'll probably not. I think I said I'm doing lunch once a week and church crafting every week. Everyone had to fund their minimum. I am extremely cautious and often double mask but I simply cannot stay home anymore.. I just cant.
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Another late check-in, but not as late as yesterday.

I can hardly believe it, but the masks that I ordered from Home Depot over the weekend arrived today. These (3M Aura Particulate Respirator N95 Foldable) are supposed to be a good fit for smaller faces, and keep your glasses from fogging. I went back to order more, but they're currently not available. I also have an order in with that jungle website; it's not expected for a week or three.

In other news, I got a few chores done around the house, and another run of shower steamers. Plus, some tax prep stuff that ate up most of the day...yuck! The weather is supposed to turn colder again tomorrow, so we should've gotten a walk in today...but, it just didn't happen.

Till tomorrow...
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

frugalaaron wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:10 pm Another late check-in, but not as late as yesterday.

I can hardly believe it, but the masks that I ordered from Home Depot over the weekend arrived today. These (3M Aura Particulate Respirator N95 Foldable) are supposed to be a good fit for smaller faces, and keep your glasses from fogging. I went back to order more, but they're currently not available. I also have an order in with that jungle website; it's not expected for a week or three.

In other news, I got a few chores done around the house, and another run of shower steamers. Plus, some tax prep stuff that ate up most of the day...yuck! The weather is supposed to turn colder again tomorrow, so we should've gotten a walk in today...but, it just didn't happen.

Till tomorrow...
I have some N95 filters that I will need to reorder very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/