Daily Check-in January 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in January 27, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:54 pm Thanks for the advice, Janet. Our Kroger is like that but Walmart has really gotten lax about a lot of things. I'll give it a shot.
Patty, I agree with Janet. That is terrible customer service. I am always able to refuse substitutions when I pick up an order. And like Janet, I had an unacceptable item (expired yogurt in my case) and I did it all online or on the phone (can’t remember) and they credited my bill and told me to throw away the yogurt. Good luck. (Only $2 but I would report the store to Walmart corporate if they don’t make things right for you.)
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in January 27, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

I'll third or fourth that in my area Walmart is much better about substitutions. Not sure how you order. I order online and about an hour to two hours before my pickup I will get an email and/or phone message about substitutions and approval. I usually approve them right away, rarely do I turn them down as I am not real brand conscious and it's for the same price. If they are not telling you about the subs until they bring them to your car, I would think you can refuse them.

I did just sign up for Walmart plus so that I can get free shipping and use the discounted gas and so on.

Also I am in the process of doing a two week order. I order three or four different bagged salads and they just make it. But I have decided that I am okay with frozen fruit and veg for the last couple days if I have to (I dont do canned much).