Daily Check in Jan 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in Jan 28, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:08 pm Sheila your pasta sauce sounds so yummy.

Will you be hit by the cyclone bomb where you live?
Janet, I think the worst of it will miss us but we are under a wind chill advisory. The temperature is currently 3 degrees. I've left the water dripping in two sinks and the cabinet doors under the sinks open. My biggest concern is the two cats in the garage - they would be better off in the shed out back - but too late for that. They have the best shelters we could make them - boxes well insulated with newspaper and bubble wrap and filled with straw. The boxes are surrounded on three sides with additional sturdy cardboard. I hope they are smart enough to bunk together.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:17 pm Janet, I think the worst of it will miss us but we are under a wind chill advisory. The temperature is currently 3 degrees. I've left the water dripping in two sinks and the cabinet doors under the sinks open. My biggest concern is the two cats in the garage - they would be better off in the shed out back - but too late for that. They have the best shelters we could make them - boxes well insulated with newspaper and bubble wrap and filled with straw. The boxes are surrounded on three sides with additional sturdy cardboard. I hope they are smart enough to bunk together.
Good luck. I feel sorry for the cats, but you have done the best you could. I know you take good care of them.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:11 pm Logics will you be hit by the cyclone bomb?
Yes, that's what they're calling it.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:36 am Yes, that's what they're calling it.
Good luck and I hope you will be safe.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:51 am Good luck and I hope you will be safe.
We're not supposed to get hit with it as badly as the coastline or New England though. I'm about 25 miles inland. They've forecasted us at about 22 miles per hour with occasional gusts up to 40, but New England and Long Island are expected to have more of the hurricane force winds.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:36 pm Good luck. I feel sorry for the cats, but you have done the best you could. I know you take good care of them.
Janet, I was surprised how well the cats are doing this morning - they were cozy in their shelters when I opened the garage door. They were very thirsty as their water had frozen, but otherwise doing well - they ignored the food in favor of drinking a lot of water. I didn't stick around long, just wanted to check on them and give them their first meal of the day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz