Janet....Alliesmom

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Janet....Alliesmom

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:54 am My goodness Janet, you certainly have had a lot going on! I wish you the very best with your home improvements, and decluttering project. And I hope both you and Teddy can get all the health issues sorted out.

Don’t overdo! Just little bits at a time and focus on some self care.

Hugs from Creative
Thanks Creative. My body will only let me do 10 to maybe 15 min at a time and then rest is mandatory. Still a little bit at time does show slow but steady progress.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, don't feel that you have to reply because I know you have to ration your energy, but I am glad you are okay and hope you get the solar project taken care of in good time. Hope little Teddi perks up too. (((HUGS)))
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:22 am Janet, don't feel that you have to reply because I know you have to ration your energy, but I am glad you are okay and hope you get the solar project taken care of in good time. Hope little Teddi perks up too. (((HUGS)))
Thanks Mackie. I am having a lazy morning and know I need to hit the bricks..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:23 am Thanks, Jackie, for posting an update for me. Since it is Sunday, I can spend a little more time online.

Things have been kind of hectic. My solar plan is in revision with the county. That seems to be the main hold up. I received information from my solar engineer, and he advised me that I needed to have some trees removed. It took me a while to find someone that would come in and remove them with int the time limit they have projected. Finally fell back on a man that I used to use when I lived in another town. Total cost was $3100.00 Ouch. My neighbor had removed two huge trees that saved me money, but he developed a bad knee and could not continue. The knee problem did not occur when he was working on my property so that was good. He told me that he would take two more trees if the tree removal service chopped them down, he would cut them up and use them for firewood. That saved me a couple of hundred dollars.

My basement better known as the dungeon is huge and everybody including my brother has things stored down there. I finally got my one of my nieces to start to move her things out. Her son is 16.5 and a lot of his baby things are still in my basement ie highchair, crib etc. Everything has to be sorted and moved or donated because they need to have access to the duct work. The duct work will be wrapped for insulation. Also need a whole wall where I store my things cleared because that is where the battery backup will go. My aide cannot help because so much of it depends on my sorting and deciding where each item should go. I inherited a lot of stuff and my brother the packrat does not want it and yet he does not want me to get rid of it. gggrr. Also, all of my Christmas things are stored in the spare bedroom closet and that is the hatch they need to use to get into the attic. I am excited about the project, but it is overwhelming with what all needs to be moved and relocated.

My ALS is acting up. It usually gets worse this time of year. I went to my pulmonary Dr for a routine checkup thinking I would not have to see her for another year. I had not seen her for a couple of months and thought I have been sleeping better. However, my sleep apnea has become severe and worse than before I started my treatment years ago. I had already been receiving one of the highest pressures and they have had to increase it even higher. They think it is due to my ALS.

Teddi has not been himself. Sits for long periods of time staring at nothing. He also has been gaining too much weight. He will only walk part way down the driveway with me when I go to the mailbox. So made a vet appointment. He has a heart murmur 2 on a scale of 1 to 6. His heart is slightly enlarged, and he has arthritis in his shoulders. They did a Senior blood and urine panel, and everything is normal. Total cost $498.00. It was a relief to get the normal blood test results and worth the money to get the blood work done for peace of mind. His heart problem is not life threatening and not of too much concern for his age. Going on 12 y/o. So, we are going back on fresh pet foods from Petco and starting on a little light weight walking in a park to try to get his weight down. We feel he might do better walking if he has new areas to explore. When we go to my neighbors to take my trash he is always walking and sniffing around. He just might be bored with everything at home since we have been homebound so much with the pandemic and our weather.

So, as you can see things are really tight money wise right now. Emergency and saving funds wiped out. I am eating down what I have in my pantry and fridge freezer. Glad I have a nice stockpile especially with the way the cost of food is going up and the recent unexpected expenses. I will try to poke my head in more often.
(((HUGS TO YOU)))), You have been quite busy and have a lot on your plate! Praying everything goes smoothly and better for you! I got Covid too (prayed for your brother/family, and Teddi, too) with the whole family except Preston who had it in the beginning of the year so he may have some immunity. Because ALL of the rest of us including a newborn grandbaby living with us! Mom had it so I let her rest and tool care of the baby, BUT the baby gave it to us and we didn't know it! Luckily, the baby had no symptoms-thank goodness bc we were worried about her the most even though we have three high risks! My daughter has bad asthma so we thought a few times we would have to take her to the ER! My dh and I got Paxlovid which is an antiviral-they did not want us to come to the hospital at all so they even delivered the meds to us! Normally. eds are 500.00 but we got it free so Idk if that was covered by our health insurance or maybe federal or state covering it!? BUT it was covered thank goodness bc for both my dh and I that would have been 1000.00 for the meds! Even though my daughter was high risk due to her asthma bc she was still young they would not give it to her-also breastfeeding. Thank goodness we are all ok now!

Anyways, you know me I write a book when I write something! Just wanted to say HI and wish YOU well, my friend!!!! Sending my love to you!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

frugalmom wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:56 pm (((HUGS TO YOU)))), You have been quite busy and have a lot on your plate! Praying everything goes smoothly and better for you! I got Covid too (prayed for your brother/family, and Teddi, too) with the whole family except Preston who had it in the beginning of the year so he may have some immunity. Because ALL of the rest of us including a newborn grandbaby living with us! Mom had it so I let her rest and tool care of the baby, BUT the baby gave it to us and we didn't know it! Luckily, the baby had no symptoms-thank goodness bc we were worried about her the most even though we have three high risks! My daughter has bad asthma so we thought a few times we would have to take her to the ER! My dh and I got Paxlovid which is an antiviral-they did not want us to come to the hospital at all so they even delivered the meds to us! Normally. eds are 500.00 but we got it free so Idk if that was covered by our health insurance or maybe federal or state covering it!? BUT it was covered thank goodness bc for both my dh and I that would have been 1000.00 for the meds! Even though my daughter was high risk due to her asthma bc she was still young they would not give it to her-also breastfeeding. Thank goodness we are all ok now!

Anyways, you know me I write a book when I write something! Just wanted to say HI and wish YOU well, my friend!!!! Sending my love to you!
Ellen Marie Thank you for the prayers. I hope you and all of your family will stay well. Cannot imagine dealing with that many people being sick all a once. Take care..
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:10 pm Ellen Marie Thank you for the prayers. I hope you and all of your family will stay well. Cannot imagine dealing with that many people being sick all a once. Take care..
Lol-yes it was not a pretty sight! I lost 10 lbs that week (already gained it back-darn!) only because my husband who is useless in the cooking department-like I had to have him make me tomato soup from a can and he toasted me one toast! I was too sick to care at that point and he was the only one around that was well (my son had school so he wasn't home) and I was in isolation so didn't come out of my room. Ugh....