Check in for Wed., May 11, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Check in for Wed., May 11, 2022

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Busy day, got my house chores done this morning and then this afternoon I went to watch the baby for a bit so they could get some more things moved. poor little babe is teething and it is a job to keep her happy. I ended up letting her have fruity pebbles on her tray and that was a life saver. She takes a long time to pick each one up and put it into her mouth so it was a time filler and she really had to concentrate to get each one.
I hate to say it but it got Hot today and the humidity is high the weather dude said it was like a day at the end of July and I do believe he is correct. I came home and caved...shut the windows and turned on the AC....I didn't want to try to be a "hero"....I am not that tuff.

My fever blister crop is just about gone but I still have a couple very tender spots. Will go out and water this evening.
Supper will be mac and cheese and bbq'ed chicken plus salad IF the salad dressing doesn't burn my lip.
Off to do ???
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another warm day here in south texas.

Didn't go anywhere today. Just did some cleaning up. Washed the litter box. Swept the cat room.

The pack spent some time outside, but even they get too warm.

Watered my tomatoes and lettuce. Will have to harvest the lettuce soon

Funny - here I am growing lettuce and what do I tell the COD to get me? A salad. He bought a nice Cobb salad from HEB. Yummy. That was what I had for dinner.

Tomorrow I have to go to the siblings house to be there when the home health people show up.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

I had a busy day today. I dropped Dd2 off at work as I had to drive directly past there in order to get to my optometrist appointment. For the first time in over 20 years I had no change in my eyesight. Hallelujah! I needed eye drops for some of the examination. Thankfully no signs of glaucoma, cataracts or manacular degeneration. So I have a lot to be thankful for!

After this I made a quick stop off at Shoppers Drug Mart and guess what MJ? I also picked up the ground coffee on sale. Then onwards to Giant Tiger where I bought several things on sale and enough food items to tide me over for my next pickup order.

Home in time for lunch. Then I spent a blissful two hours outside doing yard work in 70 degree weather! I got a bit of a sunburn on my nose so must remember to pull out the sunscreen from storage. I even had a little bit of time to read outside. It seems to have gone directly from winter to summer! I will be sorting out my seasonal clothing tomorrow. I had to use my exercise clothing for lighter wear today.

Have a wonderful evening and sleep well everyone!

Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:30 pm Good evening beautiful people,

I had a busy day today. I dropped Dd2 off at work as I had to drive directly past there in order to get to my optometrist appointment. For the first time in over 20 years I had no change in my eyesight. Hallelujah! I needed eye drops for some of the examination. Thankfully no signs of glaucoma, cataracts or manacular degeneration. So I have a lot to be thankful for!

After this I made a quick stop off at Shoppers Drug Mart and guess what MJ? I also picked up the ground coffee on sale. Then onwards to Giant Tiger where I bought several things on sale and enough food items to tide me over for my next pickup order.

Home in time for lunch. Then I spent a blissful two hours outside doing yard work in 70 degree weather! I got a bit of a sunburn on my nose so must remember to pull out the sunscreen from storage. I even had a little bit of time to read outside. It seems to have gone directly from winter to summer! I will be sorting out my seasonal clothing tomorrow. I had to use my exercise clothing for lighter wear today.

Have a wonderful evening and sleep well everyone!

Creative
Creative,

Shoppers Drug Mart is one of my "go to stores" in Brandon! Our pharmacist is SO nice and always remembers my name and has pleasant words and a chat with me when I go for my meds. AND the sales are always so good! I KNOW I can find eggs and pop on sale every weekend and I usually get my coffee there for under $8.00 a can. That's the best price I've ever seen in town!

When the first of the pandemic hit, I had only a few places to go to, Sobey's for groceries, Dollar Tree for some odds and ends and Shoppers Drug Mart. I love my Shopper Drug Mart!!

So glad you found coffee on sale too!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.