Check in for Wed., May 11, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Check in for Wed., May 11, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:53 am
I’m going to start pricing socks. I like Gold Toe but will also look at other brands. I like socks with mostly cotton instead of Lycra/polyester (or whatever it is they use) but I also have to think about the drying time for the socks for my trip.
FloridaCat, I like Hue socks as well as Gold Toe because I like cotton socks or at least mostly cotton. For a thinner sock, I usually wind up going with a cotton-poly blend.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:45 am FloridaCat, I like Hue socks as well as Gold Toe because I like cotton socks or at least mostly cotton. For a thinner sock, I usually wind up going with a cotton-poly blend.
I’ll look at Hue. I think I’ve seen the name but I’m not familiar with them so thanks for the tip.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My morning training was rescheduled for 2 p.m. I sincerely hope this is not the thing where they drag all of us around from building to building in the afternoon heat. If it is, I'm bowing out. I've done that one umpteen times at this point.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Currently eating my lunch of spinach with Cucumbers, grape tomatoes, tuna and watered down dressing salad. We got hot. So my ac has been cranking. We were in the high 70s-80's (F) yesterday. I budged the thermostat to 75 and turned on the ceiling fan. It was too hot for me. Then I bumped it down to 74. I had a restless sleep. Don't know if it was the warmth.

Tonight afterwork DGS5 has a baseball game that I will attend. yesterday I did get my pedicure. I walked around the outdoor shopping center before my pedi. Today my foot is hurting a bit. So I did the smart thing and put in my walking shoes. My Birks are not cutting it right now. I wish I could be a person who refrains from wearing their outdoor shoes inside, but I am too cheap to buy a $100+ pair of shoes exclusively for indoors.

Not much else to report.
Have a good day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Warming up to low 70s today hopefully, but it is gray outside, very little sun.

Got my 2nd booster this morning and upon coming home took a Tylenol hoping to avoid the low grade fever. I still expect that I will have the bump in the area of the injection like I've had for the other 3. That typically lasted a week.

On way back from vaccination stopped at the gas station. My gas level read halfway between a half and 3/4s of a tank. The cost to fill it was $51.56. I'm so glad I don't drive a lot although I have another 40 mile round trip coming up next week as I have my mammogram scheduled.

Have been busy playing computer games and getting ready to sit down for a while with my kindle. After that the rest of the day will be spontaneous.

I will be having pancakes for supper tonight along with some turkey bacon.

Well, that's it for now. Have a good one all.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, breakfast for dinner is my favorite meal. Yum!

DH filled up the tank of his Nissan sedan the other day and nearly swooned. Gasoline has jumped back up another 20 cents a gallon here quite suddenly. I drive through a long section of what people used to call a ghetto to get to work, and gas there is approaching $5 a gallon at some stations.

On the way home today, I get to go by CVS and see if they have kidnapped the last refill for my anti-anxiety medication. I checked with the patient portal at my doctor's office, and they approved a refill on May 3, but Walgreens claims they don't have it. Although I went by CVS in person some weeks ago and told them I was divorcing them as our pharmacy and they were not allowed to request any more medications, I probably should not have used my nice lady voice. Well, I sure won't this time! It's a good thing I had some lower dosage pills in reserve or I would have suddenly been out of medication, and this is not one you can just up and quit taking.

Because that was the last refill, I am trying to get an appointment with my doctor for medication refills. He's a little hard to get in to see, though. Family physicians stay as busy as a one-legged man at a brush fire these days.
Mackie