Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:54 pm Florida, thank you so much! I am at the 446 to forty eight triple d stage and I probably really need an F. I did keep one of the triple ds I got yesterday but I am getting for an extender for it. Hopfully they will take the second one back as I gore off the tags so I could try it in properly. It would actually probably fit, as it was like a really soft and supportive balconette. but I am definitely bookmarking and putting this amazon one on my wish list for future shopping.
I gave you the Canadian Amazon page but just looked up the USA Amazon link and here it is.

https://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-1265-MagicLift-Posture-Support/dp/B015OHRTKM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=B4ILC9MURS9Z&keywords=Glamorise+Womens+MagicLift+Front+Close+Posture+Back+Support+Bra+%231265&qid=1652405550&sprefix=glamorise+womens+magiclift+front+close+posture+back+support+bra+1265%2Caps%2C329&sr=8-1

It is a great bra. I was getting a F and it wasn't fitting so well and I hated the back opening. UGH! So, I found this and just love how easy it is to get into. I had to get the 48G and it fits just great! No problem under t-shirts either. Not for me anyhoo! And I wear mostly t-shirts and leggings. Oh! One tip if you do get one, after you close up the front of the bra, shift "the girls" into place!! The undercup support needs that for a good fit, at least that's what I have found!

I hope the other gals looking for a good bra that is front closure take a look too. It also is so nice to not have bra straps digging into your shoulders!! No bra strap slippage to correct either!! Gotta love that!!

MJ
Last edited by Prairie Waif2 on Thu May 12, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:27 pm I miss my B-cup days! :D
Clem,
Me too! I think that was 5th Grade!! LOL

MJ
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:38 pm Clem,
Me too! I think that was 5th Grade!! LOL

MJ
I think the last time I was in my early 20s - not sure what happened after that - :mrgreen:
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 pm
My haircut and colour cost $100, including a hot oil treatment and the 13% tax. I didn’t think that was too bad at all. She also blow dried my hair and styled it. They do give a senior’s discount. Out of curiosity, is that in lign with what you pay? This is in Canadian dollars.

Creative
One of the reasons I don't get my hair colored is the cost. I have, or I should say "had" brown hair. I would have to go a minimum of 8 times a year to keep it maintained. Your $100 Canadian is about $76 here and that to me is an excellent price. The cost for me would be $125 U.S. and if I multiplied that x 8 times x 10 years (I started graying at age 52 and am now 75) that's $10,000 just for cut and color etc for a period of just 10 years. i could never justify the cost to myself.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 pm Update- I was totally pampered at the hairdresser this morning, am very happy with my cut and colour. It felt so good to do something halfway normal. I hadn’t been since September, 2019! It felt very safe -only two hairdressers and two customers who just had their hair cut. All of us were wearing masks although it is optional now.

My haircut and colour cost $100, including a hot oil treatment and the 13% tax. I didn’t think that was too bad at all. She also blow dried my hair and styled it. They do give a senior’s discount. Out of curiosity, is that in lign with what you pay? This is in Canadian dollars.

After this I ate lunch at home, went for a walk as the rain stopped and stored away all my thick, bulky winter clothes. I left out a few sweatshirts and hoodies as we certainly still need some heavier stuff. I will haul the summer clothes into my room tomorrow now that I have somewhere to put them.

Sleep tight everyone!

Creative
My one friend used to go for cut and color. It was about $170. She decided to go with the grey and now pays about $100 for the cut. Mind you, her hairdresser is one of the most requested in town but he has just retired. I don't know that her salon will reduce the prices when he leaves

Me? With my really ratty mop (thinned out a lot and doc says it's related to thyroid), I go to the Systems Beauty College. Donna there, the instructor, is really my hair dresser but the students do the cut and then she comes and finishes it. It is $12 and I toss in another $5.00. I am going to look into getting a pedicure there. It is $25. Like Maggie, I do a lousy job of trying to cut my toesies and make them look nice. I think that might be the next purchase with my doggo babysitting incomes "treat."

That's just a couple of examples and both are kinda at the "extreme" ends but $100 is a VERY good price!! Good job Creative!!

MJ
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:10 am One of the reasons I don't get my hair colored is the cost. I have, or I should say "had" brown hair. I would have to go a minimum of 8 times a year to keep it maintained. Your $100 Canadian is about $76 here and that to me is an excellent price. The cost for me would be $125 U.S. and if I multiplied that x 8 times x 10 years (I started graying at age 52 and am now 75) that's $10,000 just for cut and color etc for a period of just 10 years. i could never justify the cost to myself.
I normally wouldn’t go to the hairdresser more than twice a year. I used the root touch up kits in between and have a bob style which I can wear long. I gave myself two Covid haircuts, cutting off about eight inches each time. I used Herbatint hair colour which is a natural, ammonia free dye from Italy and cost me $15/box . For most women it would be enough for two colours, but I only used it once with my long and very thick hair. I used this for overall colour about twice a year. The Clairol touch up kits are $7.00 on sale and I used them every four to five weeks.

It is scary to calculate how much you spend on beauty. I am too vain to go grey just yet but try to keep my hair nice in as frugal a manner as possible. I don’t have any skin treatments, manicures, pedicures, etc.