Daily Check-in May 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 17, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today will be a nice day with the temp going into the low 70s. There will be full sun to partly cloudy and then back to full sun again.

Well, I dread this morning because I'm off at 7:30A to go for my mammogram appointment. It's basically an all morning ordeal as it's a one hour round trip and then my history with them is that it typically takes about 2 hours from the time I check in until the test is read and I"m cleared or told they have to do it again, etc. How I wish there was an easier, faster and more comfortable way.

When I get out I have to stop on the way home at two grocery stores (one for produce and the other for the rest of the items) and pick up a prescription at CVS. So I figure that I won't get back home until around Noon today.

I was going to switch to a slightly larger shoulderbag so that I could fit a small puzzle book along with my tablet inside, but my tablet is fully charged so it should last me for the time I will be at the medical office.

Well that's all for now so wishing you all a really super day.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in May 17, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Luck today Logics, I usually have to have the pictures taken and then wait for the Doc to look. Then they often ask for more views. Sometimes I am declared clear, sometimes I have to go back in 6 months. I recently had the 6 month follow-up. This time is was pictures, wait, more pictures, then an ultrasound. The spot they were looking for had disappeared. They think it was a cyst that dissipated.

Good Morning everyone,

I survived the night without AC. Not too bad, but I have my door opened again. I should go open the window in my office.

Attended DGS5's pre-school graduation last night. Then we went for ice cream. I bought as DDIL's Mom and boyfriend have bought me lunch a few times. I told them I got off easy. Neither grandfather showed. Hum.

I took a walk at lunchtime yesterday and hope to do so again today. It made me feel better

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I am actually awake and up before 7am. I went to bed before 10pm. I slept okay. I did get up a few times, but would be snoozing again.

It is going to be another very warm sunny day here.

I need to clean out the refrigerators - we buy stuff and then it just sits there - boo.

Might do some laundry.

Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I asked Hubby to buy more soil yesterday and he conveniently forgot. I think that today I will head out and pick up a few of the bedding plants I need. If I have to bring them in, I have to bring them in. I may also plant the glad bulbs in their containers and pick up some different lily bulbs or starts to plant in the perennial bed.

I am actually working on an idea so that I don't use as much soil, but I rather doubt that Hubby will like what this idea involves. We shall see.....

Projects to work on today will be the plant purchases, working on the second poncho, and I think at least cutting out the cushion for the chair and discovering what I can use to make a cover for the egg chair, right now I am leaning towards the use of a king sized bed sheet. I do have an extra one of those hanging around. It will be as simple and ugly as I can possibly make it, until I figure out another solution. I will have to spray some kind of water repellent treatment on it as well.

I think the outdoor furniture that needed painting is done. I might give them one more coat at some point today if the unsettled weather holds off. Yep, that's right they are forecasting more rain or at least they were last night. I am afraid to look at the forecast in case they added back the chance of snow for the weekend.

Frugally I will keep spending to a minimum and probably purchase fuel today as the price is supposed to get very close to $2.00 a liter. I think it may be time to cut shopping by vehicle down to once a month if at all possible, would be very difficult until the garden starts producing and even then hard.

I even have a bit of mending to do today. I have to fix my winter coat yet again before storing it away.

I will continue to use everything possible up, save what can be used later, and plan menus for the month (sometimes those get reworked to take advantage of leftovers), and enjoy the challenge of stretching what we have through these extraordinary times. I do this so that we can help our sons when they need the help or be able to take a trip to enjoy our wonderful country.

Supper tonight is Soup and egg salad sandwiches (or perhaps buns). I have some veggie soup that needs to be used up as the can is a bit past its best before date.

Today I am grateful for the great sleep I had last night. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to go.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I also am up early and went to bed at ten or so. I suspect this will be my summer schedule for the most part so I can avoid the heat of the day (It may be spring but its high eighties and nineties from now on mainly)

I have watered my plants and sat out on the patio for awhile and I have had ybreakfast after waiting my half an hour for the thyroid pill.

Today at 11 I will go to church bible study (I only go some weeks) and then out to lunch with a friend. Afterward I have errands to do depending on the time that my involve a fabric store. We shall see.

This morning until it's time to shower and go I will do my money earning activities and do some planning and also try to sketch out the next art quilt I a going to paint. I really have no major house chorses planned except for a basic pickup as I try not to overdo yslef.

I didn't have the garlic brown sugar chicken last night instead I had a couple hot dogs, so today I will cook those at whatever time I get home this afternoon.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Yikes, just checked the weather and the snow is back in the forecast for the weekend..... Not at all fair so I may hold off buying a few of the plants until I get a clearer picture of the weather outlook.... Then again I may purchase a few of the ones that can be moved easily in and out of the house.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/