Daily Check in May 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in May 19, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another sunny ultra warm day. We are supposed to cool down by Sunday.

I was up early again - before 8am. I had a cup of coffee - I had lost my taste for it, but after having it this weekend - its back!

I've already swept the hallway - fur, fur, fur!

The pack is out enjoying the morning. I've been watering the backyard so the grass is greening up and growing. I told my family I would have to set up a gofundme - for the water bill. It is so dry here in south texas! We do have a large underground aquifer that provides lots of water for the area.

Well off to see what I can do next

Have a great day

Good luck to your son Maggie!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!!

I was up early. I didn't set the alarm or anything, just woke-up about 6:30 am. I knew Charlee's pawrents were leaving for Thunder Bay, Ontario at about 6 am. So I figured since I was up early, I'd watch a bit of news, have breakfast and leave around 8 am. Which I did.

On my way over, I thought I'd stop and get the "senior" coffee at McDonald's. Well, that was a good idea. BUT I hit a pothole and the cup fell out of the cup holder and spilled all over the carpet in Zoe's van. UGH! I'll have to find someone with one of those little "Green Machines" to clean it out. And so, that was a gingy way to start without my coffee!

I got to Charlee's and she stays in her crate when they aren't in the house. I let her out and she was all full of kisses and wanting belly rubs. This is the little girl who wouldn't even look at me last week. LOL We are going to have a good weekend. She is settled into her chair in the front room watching the world go by through the big front windows. I am around the corner in the family room watching the news.

I have to go out at sometime today. I forgot my mouse at home. While I can operate my laptop without my mouse, there are cut and pastes I can't do without it.

Jackie, I am sorry you had such a lousy sleep last night. I know that anticipartory anxiety feeling and it is awful. I hope that goes away. Maybe once DS2 lets you know he is still arriving you will feel better. We, too, are to get rain today and it is dreary outside. I'll hope you and I get some sun this weekend to spread some sunny cheer.

I brought over some hot cross buns and croissants for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch and sandwich fixin's for my suppers. I'm all set for the weekend and Charlee's parents insisted on leaving some snacks. I'm all set without having to do much more. Just to go home and get my computer mouse.

I hope everyone can make it through this "Friday Eve." Have a good day everyone and for those ailing, I hope things turn around and you feel better quickly.

Mackie,
You mentioned your Quinao/Feta Salad. Does it have a recipe or is it a "do it yourself" recipe? If you do have a recipe, sounds good and if you have time, could you post it for us? I'd like to try that Quinao but haven't heard of a recipe that intrigued me! Thanks!

Well, that's the skinny from Charlee's house!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I did get all the painting done yesterday, but it took the entire day. I am really surprised that I am not horribly achy today. A lot of up and down the ladder and painting over my head.
Rainy today.
Big bandage off DHs hand..stitches out next week.
Taking it easy today..a little laundry.
Anxious to hear how you find the grocery prices today, Jackie.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Forgot to say that we savored the first tomato of the season yesterday.

It was beautiful. The COD made some very tasty crispy beef tacos. He is such a good cook. And so meticulous.

He cut up the tomato into precise little cubes. And then with a whole avocado on the side - mmm. Love them.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, changing phones on SafeLink is always a horrible chore. You have my sympathies. I think Homeless Buddy was on the phone about five hours total the last time he had to do it. That was really quick on your laundry.

Clem, those tacos sound amazing!

MJ, I posted the recipe in the recipes folder. The original recipe had rather expensive ingredients, but I changed it some because of what I couldn't find at our grocery store. If one likes quinoa, it is really good.

I'm quite sleepy right now, having taken an antihistamine tablet before lunch for my itchy hands. Starting to think my childhood eczema is back, as my hands are very dry and itch like crazy.
Mackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello Friends,

I am Subbing today, my very last one for this school year!! I'd jump up & down & cheer, but the students would look at me weirdly. :D I'm subbing for a PE/Health teacher today.

The wind has been blowing here A LOT over the past few months, and my allergies have finally gone crazy enough that my sinuses are acting up too. :( At least it doesn't hurt so much now when I rinse the sinuses, but the ever-present pressure & headache are No fun. The wind has been drying out my skin badly also.

School ends here on May 27th--I think the teachers are looking forward to that day more than the students. Several of my fave teachers, to Subs for, are retiring... actually quite A LOT of teachers are retiring this year in this district.

2 weeks ago, I went to the Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair. I took a class called "Dyeing Naturally," where i learned which plants, roots, wood, berries will dye fiber (wool, cotton, silk, bamboo, etc), and how to do it well. I had taken some of my own wool roving & it was fun to see it change color.

On that same trip, I had soem rather frank conversations with both of my sisters, and now I feel like we are well on the way to having a healthier relationship with each other.

Well I've got to jog off to get some ca$h for ds17 to buy a yearbook, and this is now my prep period.

May you all have a great day. Take a little time to do something you enjoy--I've really learned the value of doing this! :)