Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:41 pm In this case I believe the shooter was Hispanic.

Penny
Yes his name is Salvador Ramos and was killed by the police.

This is just terrible. This is even closer to us - I do not understand why someone would do this.

He also killed his grandmother. OMG - very stressful. Some of the schools around there are shutting down for the year.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:30 pm The elementary school is just 83 miles. West of San Antonio, Texas in a farming community.

Penny
Yes- basically less than 50 miles from us. So scary.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Some of the small towns around there are just ending the school term now.

Why do people do this??????????????
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

I had a feeling it was close to Penny and Clem.
I just do not understand how this can happen again and again.
It makes me want to gather my family and just live as hermits. I do know that isn't the answer, its just my initial reaction.
I am just remembering all the times I spent working in schools and those young innocent babies.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:58 pm I had a feeling it was close to Penny and Clem.
I just do not understand how this can happen again and again.
It makes me want to gather my family and just live as hermits. I do know that isn't the answer, its just my initial reaction.
I am just remembering all the times I spent working in schools and those young innocent babies.
JCKitty
OMG - the death count is going up - the first one they identified was the teacher - a young female!

I was supposed to meet with the Methodist preacher tomorrow, but he is over in Uvalde helping out. OMG - I can't stop crying.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

One of the best ministers my hometown church had was from Uvalde. He probably knew some of those people. I am sure he is praying for them.

I thought after Sandy Hook that surely no more children were going to be slain at school, but nothing ever changes except the upward march of the body count. Those poor little ones. Their poor parents.
Mackie