Daily Check In May 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 26, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

chocolite wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:57 pm Jackie, I would love to see a picture of your donkey basket. It sounds so cute. Maybe once you've got your flowers done you can post a picture on your blog?
I will do so. Hubby is out spraying ant hills and hopefully will pick up the other bag of dirt very soon. Then I can finish buying my plants and take some pictures to post on my blog.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Afternoon, y’all. Another quiet day around here. I got my hair washed this morning (whoo hoo, big accomplishment, lol). I’m just heartsick and so angry over that mass shooting that I can barely see straight. I had to change my home page b/c there were too many stories about it, and I’ve been limiting my presence on social media as well. I can only take so much.

I just finished making my cabbage casserole and washing the hand dishes. It’s in the oven now. I think I’m going to make burgers – well, patties – to go with it. We also have plenty of salad left. After I finish catching up here I’m going to turn on the TV and watch something relaxing, like Law & Order SVU. :-D I never watched any of the L&O shows on network TV, but started this one from the beginning a few months ago. I’m now on Season 14 and love it. I think I’ll try the regular L&O when I’m done with this.

Well Jackie, your rebate check is just the opposite of what we got. We had a huge shortage in our escrow account this year and have to send a check to make it up or our mortgage will increase. Ouch. I’ll be so glad when our house is paid off.

Mackie, it’s raining here again too. The sun was actually out for a couple hours this morning which was so nice. I’d almost forgotten what it looks like. I agree that your foster kitty is one lucky girl.

MJ, I’m so happy your petsitting gigs are multiplying. I just knew they would. Hopefully your “fame” will expand even more as people learn about your services. My condolences on your loss. Your Aunt Lil sounds like a special person.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - Meghan the Duchess showed up here in Uvalde Texas to place flowers at the site of the shooting.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

chocolite wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 pm Afternoon, y’all. Another quiet day around here. I got my hair washed this morning (whoo hoo, big accomplishment, lol). I’m just heartsick and so angry over that mass shooting that I can barely see straight. I had to change my home page b/c there were too many stories about it, and I’ve been limiting my presence on social media as well. I can only take so much.

I just finished making my cabbage casserole and washing the hand dishes. It’s in the oven now. I think I’m going to make burgers – well, patties – to go with it. We also have plenty of salad left. After I finish catching up here I’m going to turn on the TV and watch something relaxing, like Law & Order SVU. :-D I never watched any of the L&O shows on network TV, but started this one from the beginning a few months ago. I’m now on Season 14 and love it. I think I’ll try the regular L&O when I’m done with this.

Well Jackie, your rebate check is just the opposite of what we got. We had a huge shortage in our escrow account this year and have to send a check to make it up or our mortgage will increase. Ouch. I’ll be so glad when our house is paid off.

Mackie, it’s raining here again too. The sun was actually out for a couple hours this morning which was so nice. I’d almost forgotten what it looks like. I agree that your foster kitty is one lucky girl.

MJ, I’m so happy your petsitting gigs are multiplying. I just knew they would. Hopefully your “fame” will expand even more as people learn about your services. My condolences on your loss. Your Aunt Lil sounds like a special person.
In addition to thoughts and prayers you need policy and change. Putting this as succinctly as possible. Until there’s some background check over who can purchase firearms, nothing will change. In Canada the general public purchase rifles to shoot game. Hand guns are reserved for the police and border guards. Automatic weapons only for the military. Gun safety course is a requirement before purchasing your gun. And the amount of ammunition you can purchase is strongly regulated. Metal detectors and armed security guards are not part of secondary schools. I have never felt unsafe working at school.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Update- received a text from a neighborhood friend and we ended up going for a long walk just in our neighborhood. I hadn’t seen her since last fall so we had lots to catch up on. The time just flew! Martha broke her foot a few years ago so will not walk outside when our sidewalks are snow covered and icy. That’s a very wise decision but she did great today. She has a TOPS meeting and weigh in this afternoon so was keeping fingers crossed for a weight loss.

I made myself a salad for lunch, had a small bowl of cottage cheese and a couple of Ryveta crackers (or cardboard crackers as my Dh calls them! Very high in fibre.) A royal gala apple and small piece of cake for dessert (pineapple walnut cake with cream cheese icing). Yum!

After this I headed outside and cleaned the inside of my car. Removed the winter mats and gave them a really good scrub. They were absolutely filthy. Vacuumed the interior with my hand held vacuum and cleaned the rear window which was coated with dust from the gravel road I had to take to get to the farm.

Dh came back, reviewed the fliers and just had to buy some steak at a very good price. We just missed the after work crowd and stocked up on frozen berries, fresh berries, bread and instant coffee all on sale. It was crowded and I will place another Walmart pickup order soon.

Whew! Finally catching my breath and will put dinner on the table shortly. Dd2 texted she won’t be back until later and could Kitty be fed, lol!

Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Just one more container to plant, but my back is killing me so that might have to wait until tomorrow. I just can't do as much as I used to, but am enjoying what I can do and spacing out that.

Hubby and I picked up some more plants, the dirt I needed to finish up my planting (well I still need to get some citronella or a lavender to keep the mosquitoes away).

Should be done the worst of the spending now on the yard. Yet there are a few things I would still like, a second pear tree, and a raised flower bed in the front under the window.... No rush on those though.

Harvey got his letter from the Justice/Court system today saying he was excused from jury duty due to age. He is quite happy about that.

I lost a day somewhere and thought it was Friday today.... so the menu said soup and sandwiches, but using up leftovers only makes sense. I will still get to make the salmon dish tomorrow. Funny thing is I am not really that hungry now.

Off to get a couple of things done before I start warming up supper.

Edited to add

Hubby got his rebate check from our car insurer for his $100.00 today as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/