Daily Check In May 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 26, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

I am starting us off, but first I definitely need some coffee. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 26, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

When I got home from the Mass yesterday, I mentioned starting my planting. I managed to get almost all the flowers I had purchased into the containers. That is when I noticed I had forgotten quite a few bits. I will need to purchase some more greenery to go into the large pots, another fuchsia to put in the hanging wire basket (along with the coconut husks). I also need to pick up a couple more mint, a sage, and some calibrachoa for the front donkey basket. I would also like to pick up a citronella plant, and of course more soil. I will plant and fill what containers I can with what I have left this morning and at some point will go with Hubby to get (or at least try to get) the remaining items that I think I need. I should be completely done by the end of the week at least. One more project for this month completed.

Other than that it will be the regular Thursday chores which this week do not amount to very much at all. I need to sweep the floors (if all is planted I will mop them as well later), do some pinning on the next quilt project (may as well start that as it tidies the sewing/craft room) and taking the walk I missed yesterday along with the walk for today or at least getting some extra steps in so as to make up for being short yesterday.

Oh, I did get one surprise, I got the rebate cheque from our insurance company on the plates to the SUV. It isn't as much as last year (the insurance company made lots of money both last year and the year before) but $100.00 is still a nice amount to get. We should be getting the same for Hubby's old truck.

Supper tonight was going to be a salmon dish, but Hubby has decided that we should use up all the leftovers in the fridge instead. So supper will be a hodge podge of whatever can be gleaned. He is getting behind the waste nothing campaign I have been on with glee now. The turn around in his thought process has been amazing and it all started with the uptick in fuel prices and me showing him the way things are rising in cost. I will save the salmon dish for a day next week as I am trying to do more meatless or meals with fish every month.

Today I am grateful that we can still plant a garden and afford to buy things to make the yard an oasis during the hot (hopefully) summer months.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Up early again. The pack is outside and I am having my coffee.

I'm watching the vehicles and school buses go down the street to drop off. Hope they will have a safe day

Today will probably be laundry day. Need to take care of that. And fridge clean out day.

We had a lot of rain the other night and wow - the grass is greening up and growing. What a difference

I was able to harvest three tomatoes - not fully ripe, but will ripen indoors. Didn't want any critters to get to them.

Hope y'all have a peaceful day.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Day 2 of rest for me. I've had some cramping off and on but I'm thinking it will be okay. DS field day got cancelled and so I won't have to leave the house this morning. DH made me eggs and bacon so I turned them into a breakfast buritto to use up some tortillas I had. I do have an interview today at 4 pm but I may email to ask to reschedule since I don't feel the greatest.

Nothing else really on my schedule, its rainy and is supposed to rain all day
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning everyone. Snowangel, I am wishing you well!

I just took Hope on a fairly short walk. Not far into it, I realized I forgot to eat first and started to feel unwell so we didn't do a "full" walk fortunately, I have learned my limits the hard way. Dumb move on my part.

My to-do list for today includes sweeping the front porch and watering the plants out there. I can't recall what else I put on the list without looking - oh, vacuuming out the cars is one other thing.

i have had my pb&j (doctor says that's the best thing I can eat for low blood sugar - great balance of protein and carbs) so I'm off to find my list and get started.

Wishing you all a peaceful day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, that is great news about the rebate check. Your plantings sound wonderful. Clem, you have my mouth watering for home-grown tomatoes.

It looks like we are getting the new rescue kitty. The foster coordinator called last night. We have to do a little video of where she will be accommodated while she gets used to us and then we'll meet her, probably this weekend. If DH gets free time today, he's going to purchase a pet gate for the kitchen door and we will let the cats have that end of the house as their little domain for a while.

It's raining again this morning. It's rained all week, which has kept the weather cool, but not really made it possible to go outside much. Everything has greened up and is growing like crazy, though.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie