Daily Check In May 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In May 26, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matine toute le monde!

I was up at 6:00 am. Much too early for me! But so far, I haven't gone back to bed. I had a cheese sandwich for breakfast and my coffee is just about ready. I hopped in the shower and then afterwards did a nice hot wax hand treatment. Feels so good!

My two sisters contacted me on FB messenger this morning with the news that our Aunt Lillian (Nori's second sister), the Nun, had died. She'd had dementia for the last 8 plus years or so. She was really unable to understand anything so no communication with her 3 sisters. She is the first of the 4 girls to die. I am sure it is difficult for the remaining three to process. She will be buried in Ottawa. She was at that convent for over 30 years. I used to, of all the nieces and nephews, spend a lot of time visiting with her when I lived out East or had to go to Ottawa for Board of Directors' meetings. Her order was "The daughters of Wisdom" and most were teachers. Auntil Lil was a teacher and also worked for the ArchBishop of Ottawa for a nunber of years. She had a good life with the exception of her end years.

WELL! The doggo sitting side-gig has "taken off" more than I EVER expected!! I thought, you know, a weekend a month or so but once my gigs have been done, I've been booked again and again! Franki's Mom booked me from June 23-June 19th. She wanted me to July 9th but I am already obliged to babysit Lily Gurl from July 1st to the 19rd while her pawrents take a road trip to Nova Scotia. This is the one I will see what goes as they better have a BED for me unlike the Christmas fiasco. They are also PAYING this time. No more freebies. I'll buy my own food! On the 20th until the 25th, I am babysitting little Charlee Girl. Her pawrents are SO HAPPY to have someone who she took to! She's a little cutie. I'll babysit for Charlee during September while they are on their honeymoon for 15 days. I REALLY love doggos so this is so much fun! Plus all of the houses have a deck so I can sit out on the deck and enjoy fresh air and sunshine unlike in my apartment. I NEVER figured it would be like this though! So far? I have most of June and August free. WHEW!
I may even bust out my super plus size bathing suit to get some sun while out on those decks! I guess that's my "frugal" summertime activity.

Frugal happenings around here today are to gather up the garbage. Tidy up the kitchen counters, fill my two new to me storage containers with dried beans and take care of little Opal's cage. I don't like doing her cage as she gets so upset but when it is all done and nice? She certainly is happy!

That's the skinny from here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until about 6:30 this morning. the pain at my knees is slowly lessening.

I think I figured out how to make the eyes of the frog. It will be tricky as I will have several layers to fuse together. But now that I know how I will be able to do it.

Hopefully today I will know more about my washer.

I have pitched a lot and shredded some things.

I mailed a change of name to voter registration. They insist my name is not the one I have used for almost 60 years. So I filled out a change of name form.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:53 am Bonne matine toute le monde!

I was up at 6:00 am. Much too early for me! But so far, I haven't gone back to bed. I had a cheese sandwich for breakfast and my coffee is just about ready. I hopped in the shower and then afterwards did a nice hot wax hand treatment. Feels so good!

My two sisters contacted me on FB messenger this morning with the news that our Aunt Lillian (Nori's second sister), the Nun, had died. She'd had dementia for the last 8 plus years or so. She was really unable to understand anything so no communication with her 3 sisters. She is the first of the 4 girls to die. I am sure it is difficult for the remaining three to process. She will be buried in Ottawa. She was at that convent for over 30 years. I used to, of all the nieces and nephews, spend a lot of time visiting with her when I lived out East or had to go to Ottawa for Board of Directors' meetings. Her order was "The daughters of Wisdom" and most were teachers. Auntil Lil was a teacher and also worked for the ArchBishop of Ottawa for a nunber of years. She had a good life with the exception of her end years.

WELL! The doggo sitting side-gig has "taken off" more than I EVER expected!! I thought, you know, a weekend a month or so but once my gigs have been done, I've been booked again and again! Franki's Mom booked me from June 23-June 19th. She wanted me to July 9th but I am already obliged to babysit Lily Gurl from July 1st to the 19rd while her pawrents take a road trip to Nova Scotia. This is the one I will see what goes as they better have a BED for me unlike the Christmas fiasco. They are also PAYING this time. No more freebies. I'll buy my own food! On the 20th until the 25th, I am babysitting little Charlee Girl. Her pawrents are SO HAPPY to have someone who she took to! She's a little cutie. I'll babysit for Charlee during September while they are on their honeymoon for 15 days. I REALLY love doggos so this is so much fun! Plus all of the houses have a deck so I can sit out on the deck and enjoy fresh air and sunshine unlike in my apartment. I NEVER figured it would be like this though! So far? I have most of June and August free. WHEW!
I may even bust out my super plus size bathing suit to get some sun while out on those decks! I guess that's my "frugal" summertime activity.

Frugal happenings around here today are to gather up the garbage. Tidy up the kitchen counters, fill my two new to me storage containers with dried beans and take care of little Opal's cage. I don't like doing her cage as she gets so upset but when it is all done and nice? She certainly is happy!

That's the skinny from here!

MJ
Hubby's Aunt was in the order of The Sister's of Charity of the Immaculate Heart and did most of the cooking for various hospitals here in the west and for the Mother House in New Brunswick. She entered the convent very young in 1935 and died in their retirement home in 2017. Doing the math I realized she had been a Sister for 82 years! Amazing.

His sister belonged to the Faithful Companions of Jesus for 20 years and left about 15 years ago.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

My Lucy dog is home!! I sure did miss her. According to several photos and videos, she had a wonderful time. DD and her SO have gone back to their "camping cabin" (only about 20 miles from here) for another night with just their dog.

My dogs and I are in the nice cool bedroom. I'm going to work a few surveys but I know I'll be ready for a nap before very long. I got my front porch tidied up and vacuumed both cars and that was a hot job! Took 2 outdoor chairs and a small outdoor side table from the garage and put them i the back lawn. Let summer begin!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

update:

I finished hauling all of the brush, between rains but that part is done. I still need to haul the cut up firewood with the gator. However that I cannot do in the wet weather as the tires will make ruts in the soft ground. So I am at a standstill until this rain goes away. I have to say I am really tired of all this rain.
The weather dude says next week we will have the dreaded hot weather again. It seems to me to have been a strange weather month for May.
I am cleaned up, make-up on and actual clothes are on... so good for the day now :roll: I confess to like working in sleep pants, one reason I buy them at the thrift store.
I have some italian sausage thawing, thinking stromboli sandwiches. So easy to make and reheat in the toaster oven.
I do need a few things from the grocery store but am reluctant to go...just don't feel like "peopling" today.
I wish we still had a bread store in town, they had the best hoagie buns.
Off to do some more.
JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackielou wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:25 am I will need to purchase some more greenery to go into the large pots, another fuchsia to put in the hanging wire basket (along with the coconut husks). I also need to pick up a couple more mint, a sage, and some calibrachoa for the front donkey basket.
Jackie, I would love to see a picture of your donkey basket. It sounds so cute. Maybe once you've got your flowers done you can post a picture on your blog?
Patty