Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Up early today (4:00A) because I went to bed early; can't believe that despite getting slightly over 7 hours of sleep, here I am a couple hours later yawning LOL.

I've gone through much of my typical morning routine already with the exception of exercising which I will begin once my downstairs neighbor leaves for work. The one major household task I have for today is to sweep and mop all my floors including the hardwood ones. After that I'll just play it by ear.

Last night I wanted to make something different for dinner and remembered a recipe I had for honey garlic pork chops. I substituted low calorie syrup instead and it came out really good. It was quick and easy so I'm going to try it with chicken sometime as well.

Well I guess that's it for now. Have a nice day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We have had showers overnight, and I even heard a tiny one or two early this morning as I lay on the couch trying to fall back asleep. Been up for about an hour, but unlike Logics have gotten nothing done except one cup of coffee down my throat (another will shortly join it). Not that I have a very long list today, so getting started a tiny bit later is not a big deal.

I hope to get a few unfinished tasks from yesterday completed but as they involve turning on the oven I am kind of leery of doing so until the air conditioner kicks in. So tasks for today are dusting, vacuuming, tidying the living room, watering those plants that need it outside, and any unfinished tasks from previous days. Most tasks will take 15 minutes to do which leaves me plenty of time to work on fun projects....

I want to finish making labels for storage containers in the sewing/craft room, and see if I can get some of the items I made ready for the silent auction at the family reunion. I will then work on cutting some fabric into squares for quilting and put those in their containers (thus cleaning the floor up a bit more). I hope to continue knitting the baby blanket later in the afternoon and into the evening, I am into the bottom half now and figure that perhaps it will be completed before the end of the month.

Supper tonight is going to be main dish tuna pasta salad along with some garlic bread or buns....

Today I am grateful for the first really nice looking lawn we have had in a number of years out front.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I woke up way too early. I thought about just getting up, but went back to bed. And surprisingly I did get in some more snoozes.

The CODs pup wanted to go out last night about 10 or so. Lately he has been staying outside all night. Well not all night - he barks about 3am to be let back in! Thank goodness I can hear him.

When I woke up again at 6, my mind was just going on and on. Just kept thinking of things - that is why I thought I should just get up. Hate when that happens. But it has been some time since I have had a full nights sleep.

I have to go by the church and put some masses on the calendar. And then to the store for some snacks.

Today is the day we do lunch - we shall see.

Have a great day all
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning friends. I was up early as well - before 4. It looks like another very hot and humid day. It has been threatening rain for 3 days now, but none.

I have watered my plants on the front porch, washed dishes, done a load of laundry (bedding and remade the bed), fed the outdoor cats, and the dogs have been out 4 times. More tidying and cleaning is on the agenda for today. The dark purple area rug in my bedroom is looking kind of white from dog hair and I just vacuumed it last Sunday.

Nest week will be very busy at work. I am traveling (day trips - happy I got a car when I did) Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and may end up working Friday to catch up - that's okay.

Off to do something - wish you all a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, your pork chops sound delicious.

I went to bed early and woke up a bit later than usual. The NPR news feed from our local station was coming in so weak it could hardly be heard, so I snoozed right through it.

Late yesterday afternoon we had a breeze kick up that, combined with the relatively low humidity, cooled things off a good bit. It was very pleasant being on the screened porch. The crape myrtles are blooming in our back yard and it's very pretty out there.

DS brought Dora Kitty into the den with us last night and put her on the back of the loveseat while he sat on it. She stayed there by his head and was pretty happy for about twenty minutes before she wanted to hide for a while. It's all baby steps in getting her fully socialized.

Only 78 degrees F. right now at nearly 9:30 a.m. That's practically chilly! :-D

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My sleep pattern is slowly returning to normal. I am using an ice pack to help me sleep I need to change it when I get up so I can fall asleep again.

I have a towel wash in the washer now. I only have the one load today.

My garbage and trash is out. I found the service manual for my dead washer that the Tech had removed from the washer. I pitched it. I had a fairly full bag for a Friday, usually Friday is less as there are fewer days.

H-E-B notified me that they had all I ordered in stock. I also ordered flowers for me. I bought a small bunch of small carnations. They are pretty and cost just $4.10 a bunch.

I need to wash 2 bud vases and then put them out to give away.

Penny