Daily Check In - June 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Daily Check In - June 29, 2022

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Let’s all wake up and get our day started.

Creative
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In - June 29, 2022

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning again beautiful people!

It’s sunny this morning even though our weather forecast says we’re supposed to be getting showers. We shall have to wait and see. The high temperature is 21 C or 69.6 F so capris and light sweater weather. I have walking club this morning around the manmade lake, which is very close to my friend’s apartment. She had to downsize from their family home after her Dh passed. She wasn’t able to manage the upkeep. It was the first time I had visited her there and she has real flair for interior design. She is an artist at heart! And writes beautiful poetry. When teaching, you can run into a person several times especially if subbing. But you’re both so busy trying to mark and figure out what you’re teaching, that you actually don’t get to know them until you retire.

My penpal count is now sitting at 18 and I have decided to just say “No” to any further penpals. I have expanded my Circle of Friends since retiring and have been attending or hosting patio visits for the past three weeks so I am finding that’s plenty along with my 55 Plus activities. And my family still does come first - totally devoted if you don’t realize already.

Dh will not be golfing today as he has a medical appointment right at 12:30 pm. It’s a routine check up with his cardiologist. He has some chores around the house, garden and garage he’d like to tackle. After walking club, I am driving directly to Walmart for my pickup order.

This afternoon I plan to vacuum and dust, do a declutter of the downstairs as I am hosting yet another patio visit. Everything is in pretty good order from last week.

Our two DD’s have been having a wonderful time in San Francisco, enjoyed some fresh seafood for dinner last night and put in over 20 000 steps! They didn’t use an Uber at all yesterday. They found a good area by the ocean with a fantastic view of the Golden Gate Bridge, walked by the houses like on the show “Full House “ , enjoyed the park nearby their Airbnb and made their way to Fisherman’s Wharf. The weather there is sunny but only in the high 50’s so cooler than here. It was extremely hot when Dd1 left Denver.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
It is a beautiful morning here in SW Ohio. 56 F. I have the door to the balcony open. I was able to get a nice 2 mile walk in.

I have nothing else. My blood sugars are still concerning. I have a Dr. Appointment on Aug 2. Fortunately it is not making my weight increase and stay there.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for a bit now, sipping my morning beverage, reading the news online, and going over the list of tasks for today. It may take awhile to get done and I have a feeling with the overcast skies, things might get put off until tomorrow due to rain.

I pulled leftover bits and bobs of yarn from my storage or should I say hoarding areas. While it won't make a big difference as of yet I am still hopeful of using up lots on the blankets I plan on fashioning with all the saved little bits. They will be kind of funky looking, but I really do not care at this point in time. Just want to make something useable and useful in the future.

Household tasks will be spaced out over the morning. I will dust, water plants (if it does not start to rain), and harvest herbs before I go shopping. Once that is done I will head out on my errands. First stop will be Walmart for OTC meds, and supplements, candles, air freshener, and some snack type items. Then I will head to the bank to deposit some cheques, get our allowances, and trade in the coin for easier to carry cash. On to the third stop to get groceries and the final stop for gas. Once home the herbs should be dry so those will be packaged.

Hopefully the sun will be out and I can trace the pattern I have chosen onto the tablecloth and perhaps get a start on that this afternoon. That will be after I go over our packing list making sure I have everything listed that we need.

I have had days where there is more to do so I should be able to get through all this fairly quickly. If it rains at all, the weeding and the watering of plants will be put off until tomorrow (actually getting a bit of a shower right now).

So excited, we haven't seen oldest DS since Christmas and he should be home sometime tomorrow to stay with us for a bit. Easter was a no go this year due to the strange blizzards we were having that dumped so much wet snow on this area. Even youngest couldn't get home and he lives only 2 hours away. I will be using the air fryer to make our meal tomorrow night and I already wish I had bought an even bigger one cause I think the fries will need to be made in the old T-fal one. I guess I should be glad that I didn't get rid of that one as of yet.

So there you have it my plans more or less for the next couple of days are all based on the coming weekend. Not that I am really looking forward to being stuck in a huge crowd of people who for the most part ignore me (at times that really isn't too bad as I do want to be ignored). It is when some go off into their anti- whatevers, call our PM a traitor (or incompetent or worse), and wave their ultra conservative points across as the be all and end all that I really get piled on. They do so on purpose and at great risk, perhaps one of these days I will blow.

Supper tonight is going to be the remaining small sausage casserole along with slices of bread to soak up the sauces.

Today I am grateful for whatever comes my way.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I feel pretty good and slept well. In a few minutes I’ll do the antibiotics. I’ve given myself a sponge bath and I’m dressed.

I did not have any visitors yesterday which was good. Dutch friend is going to bring lunch today. I told her just bring yourself, not lunch, but she wants to bring food. I am trying to eat light so thought of a restaurant we have here called Chicken Salad Chick. Overpriced for what it is but many varieties of chicken salad. (Of course I would love pad Thai but I think it is too heavy for my system right now.)

NYT has a headline today, As Prices Rise, Coupons are Even Harder to Find. I think we all know that this has been going on at least five years.

Screen just refreshed and I lost the rest of my post so will tell you all about painting estimate for moms house later.

Until then.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning all. I'm going to have a busy morning, as I have to unlock every door in every apartment in this huge building for the cleaning crew. Will definitely get my steps in. Not going to jump up and start that until my tea cup is empty, though. Gotta have the fuel in the tank. :-D

Our two youngest dogs desperately want to play with Dora, the new cat, this morning. She was behind our bedroom door this morning and would reach through the crack between the door and the jamb to tap the dogs on the nose. The dogs thought this was great fun! I had to practically pry the dogs off the door to get their medication and dental treats into them. This is why it's hard for me to get out of the house some mornings.

The homemade fruit fly trap I added yesterday to the two store-bought ones caught a dozen flies between yesterday and overnight, but that wasn't all of them in our office. I finally had to put in a work order asking for an exterminator to come. We think it's the weather and that the door opens to the outside under trees, because we keep things clean and take the trash out every day.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Clem, you are a great sister. FloridaCat, I hope all continues smoothly with your recovery. JCKitty (((HUGS))).
Mackie