I am Fine

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: I am Fine

Post by HappyDaze »

I am so glad you checked in! Sending you love and prayers.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Kitty, (((hugs))) going out to you. Glad you checked in!
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Praying for you!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Kitty,

I am glad you are doing okay and have some things lined up. Take your time and be good to yourself.

Thanks for checking in and love and hugs to you!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:25 pm Hello all,

First off I just want to say thank you so very much for all of your thoughts and prayers.
I am doing okay, I think I was in shock for some days and I have been able to come out of it. I am still very sad and feel at loose ends in many ways but I really am doing okay.

I have made a list of all of the things that he always helped with or took care of and have been working on that list. I knew we did lot of stuff together but he really did alot of stuff that I didn't have to worry about because thats just the way he was.
Like firewood, I have some ordered. Snow removal...I have a company lined up. The heavy weed eating yard work that I simply could not physically handle, help lined up.
Hauling off stuff that I didn't need/want...doing it myself.
I have always been one to take care of myself but had slowly let him take some things over and now I have to step back up. I have no problem hiring out things I can't handle.
I have not yet gone thru his things here at home. Too soon, but I will eventually.
Please don't worry about me, I really am fine ...it may not last but taking day by day. IF I find myself going to a dark place I will get help...I won't try to be a hero.

Thank you again, love to you all.
JCKitty
Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss! It is ok to not be fine, just take your time and allow others to do things for you. I was almost there a couple of years ago and I was just totally lost. I also put a brave front and didn't want others to worry about me so I told people I am fine (my husband died and was saved in the ER so he was just in the hospital ICU out of it for awhile and had stents placed and he eventually was ok-but it was touch and go). Let people help you-that is what friends and family are for-you know you would be there for them to help then through. I am just so sorry and (((HUGS to YOU)))-I can feel it across the screen and wish I could be there to help you through too. I will pray for you to get through this with strength, faith and grace.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Hugs, dear Kitty. Wish I could give you one in person. You can tell us all you want to, not to worry. But it's what we do (or at least it's what I do) -- I think it's my superpower. :-)
Patty