Daily Check In July 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In July 1, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I have laundry going. No Free concert with my friends. I suspect the city is preparing for their big Independence Day celebration. But there is one nearby my house that I may venture out to.

Tomorrow I agreed to assist my Aunt and Uncle with beginning their move to a new house. Sunday I have a blood donation appointment after Church.

Have a great day,
Maggie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Not been able to post so checking
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Maybe I am back. After 2 weeks I am able to walk w almost normal after injuring my foot. Nothing exciting here. Got granddaughter and family moved into her new house. Quit claim deed went smoothily from the estate. Now for her to get hers on the market while prices are still high. Moving from a 3 story house to a small 2 bedroom till they can get a ranch style built is an adjustment
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Jackie I hope you have a lovely visit.

I received very sad news last night. My husband's (much younger) sister ahs multiple health problems (got a heart pacemaker in her late forties and so on, skinny as a rail, balance issues). She and her veteran husband had moved to a small town in Oklahoma a while back after living near a large base in Texas-a town with asically nothing including no hospital so we were all very concenred. Anyway, last night her house burned down and she could not be recessitated. It seems she and her husband had problems andhe had moved to a hotel shortly after their arriving and was planning to come down here and live with her sister, so he was not htere. It was an older house, she smokes (outside far as I know), has a gas stove and so on, but this is shocking although we all knew how poor her health was and that this could happen at any time. Johns other sister and brother drove up last night and we are waiting to hear more results.

Meanhwile in other news, skipped the pool to do my budget. Will be tightening up during july in order to get past some late rent fee issues and banking fees-I have the money I am not managing well so I am trying to pay things a bit in advance as much as possible starting with rent so I can eliminate losing so much money in fees. The good news was that my food alone was four hundred dollars and i can live with that. Also I know I will be taking a train trip in the fall so I need a seperate savings fund for that and hobbies. Onward and forward as they say.

We have a fourth of july thing at one today with hot dogs and all the cool stuff here in the resident village. Other than that my only plans for the day are to clean out the car a bit to make room for son's stuff tomorrow since I have been accepting any and all free stuff for me or the homeless and it looks like the cars in the grapes of wrath. I will aslo knit or sew perhaps.

I do have a new bathing suit and a sun hat coming so that I can work out in comfort the rest of the summer.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:54 am Jackie I hope you have a lovely visit.

I received very sad news last night. My husband's (much younger) sister ahs multiple health problems (got a heart pacemaker in her late forties and so on, skinny as a rail, balance issues). She and her veteran husband had moved to a small town in Oklahoma a while back after living near a large base in Texas-a town with asically nothing including no hospital so we were all very concenred. Anyway, last night her house burned down and she could not be recessitated. It seems she and her husband had problems andhe had moved to a hotel shortly after their arriving and was planning to come down here and live with her sister, so he was not htere. It was an older house, she smokes (outside far as I know), has a gas stove and so on, but this is shocking although we all knew how poor her health was and that this could happen at any time. Johns other sister and brother drove up last night and we are waiting to hear more results.

Meanhwile in other news, skipped the pool to do my budget. Will be tightening up during july in order to get past some late rent fee issues and banking fees-I have the money I am not managing well so I am trying to pay things a bit in advance as much as possible starting with rent so I can eliminate losing so much money in fees. The good news was that my food alone was four hundred dollars and i can live with that. Also I know I will be taking a train trip in the fall so I need a seperate savings fund for that and hobbies. Onward and forward as they say.

We have a fourth of july thing at one today with hot dogs and all the cool stuff here in the resident village. Other than that my only plans for the day are to clean out the car a bit to make room for son's stuff tomorrow since I have been accepting any and all free stuff for me or the homeless and it looks like the cars in the grapes of wrath. I will aslo knit or sew perhaps.

I do have a new bathing suit and a sun hat coming so that I can work out in comfort the rest of the summer.
What a terrible tragedy! I am so sorry for your loss, Quilter.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m home from the doctor. It went well. My vitals were good and my doctor took blood so we’ll see about that. She wants to see me in a week. She was very complimentary and positive about my urinary doctor.

My friend took me to the bank on the way home. I wanted to have more cash with small bills. So many banks have closed. I had to go inside to get the small bills.

I’m tired now.

I might check in again later.