Daily Check-In, July 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-In, July 2, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

I went to the concert last night, but came home a bit early as there was a storm off in the distance.
Then today I went over to my Uncle and Aunt's he's the one who is 2 years older than me. She is my age. The sold their Cape cod-style house and bought a ranch. Their 2 college-age kids moved back home and their oldest lives in SC and they wanted a place for her and her family to stay. We moved mostly the kids's stuff. The will move everything else Friday. He used to help coach football and they made a donation to a team. The coach is calling it a "team building" exercise. It is going to be a great place for them. She has had both knees replaced. He has struggled with his health too.

Last night DS1 called saying their neighborhood is going to do DIY fireworks tomorrow and I was invited to their house for pizza. He is going to fire up the pizza oven. (His in laws bought it and he moved it and got to keep it. The DB2 called inviting me to his house. I said I'd stop by for a visit before I go to DSs. I have an appointment to give blood after Church tomorrow.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It has been a good day. I took Hope on a very long walk this morning before it got hot. Then it rained, so that was nice.

My friend called me from a yard sale and said there was a shelf there that she thought would work for my bathroom. I've been looking for a long and very narrow shelf that stands on the floor. Sure enough, it will work and I bought it for $10 - they were asking $15 - my friend, who is more bold than I am, asked if they would take $10 - sold! It is a lovely metal shelf, very heavy. It is black but I'm going to spray paint it a hammered bronze.

I watched a couple old movies this afternoon (A Star is Born from 1937 and the original "If A Man Answers, Hang Up" - I'm not sure what year it was made). Sorted recycling in the garage for putting at the curb Monday morning (my service picks up on all holidays except Christmas).

I have a pizza in the oven for supper then I plan on a shower and another movie. Hope you are all having a great Saturday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!!

Not much going on around my place.

Thursday, I got the fun of hanging out with Dayton and Emmitt for the morning. I went home and had hot dogs for lunch and then Zoe and the kids came to get me and we went to a show of Stunt Dogs. It was cute and the kids loved it. Once again, poor John told the kids he would be home as he only had a few errands to run and the kids said, "oh! NO!! MJ is supposed to come!!" Poor Dad!! I owe him his birthday present. I think I might have to get hims something extra special since the kids keep moaning if they have to "spend time" with dear old daddyio.

While at the Discovery Center where the Stunt Dog show was, I wiped out. UGH! The knee hurt yesterday and I gave myself a kink in my back. I got some Tylenol and that should help out.

Today is the day I started babysitting doggo Lily Gurl. I had pizza for supper and she got some of the crusts. I have a bed ready for me tonight so I know I won't have to sleep on this awful couch. Just sitting on it makes my butt bones hurt and I've got a lot of padding there!!

Our weather was lovely today and I will have to keep an eye out for the strawberry planters in the backyard over here. I also have some houseplants and fish to look after too.

There isn't going to be much for me to report. I'll be here for all of July but I will go home to shower and get more clothes. I can do clothes in her washer and dryer so that is very helpful. I had to wash the kitchen scubby, towels and dishcloth. WHEW! I don't know how she doesn't notice the mildew smell. YIKES! It's the first thing I notice when I come over to doggo sit. It's now better but I'll have to take the time to wash down the counter tops because there is still a lingering smell that I sniffed on the island countertop. I have a particularly sensitive nose to that stuff!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:41 am Good morning friends.

I slept pretty well. I still feel weak.

I ordered from Publix Instacart this morning. Expensive. Christmas friend has shopped for me twice but I don’t want to be a burden. I had forgotten Activia/Oikos which the doctor wants me to eat several times a day. If I continue with delivery, I’ll check out Aldi. Delivery today is supposed to be before 11.

I’ve already done my eye drops and antibiotics. Didn’t want to be in the middle of antibiotics when Instacart arrived.

I also took trash out to the dumpster. It isn’t far but I felt good to get that done. I have a load of laundry in the machine.

I received an email that my lab results are available from Quest but I won’t look at them myself. Don’t want to get upset. I’ll wait for the doctor.

Once my morning is finished, I’ll relax.

Have a good day.

It takes time to get better. I am glad you do have friends to help out. It is good to rest and not push yourself.Take care. Sending love and ((hugs)).
Janet Alliesmama