Daily Check in - July 3rd 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in - July 3rd 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I am sorry the beds were so awful. Hope you sleep well and feel much better tomorrow.

We kept running into the hardest beds on our vacation. Apparently those memory foam mattresses without box springs are very popular with hoteliers these days, but they were like sleeping on a pool table. DH had to roll me off the bed by the 4th morning because my back was so bunged up.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:40 pm Jackie, I am sorry the beds were so awful. Hope you sleep well and feel much better tomorrow.

We kept running into the hardest beds on our vacation. Apparently those memory foam mattresses without box springs are very popular with hoteliers these days, but they were like sleeping on a pool table. DH had to roll me off the bed by the 4th morning because my back was so bunged up.
I think that is what they had. All I know is that when I had to get up in the middle of the night to head to the facilities, I had a very hard time hobbling there, and no matter which way I laid I was in a great deal of pain.....
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:14 pm I think that is what they had. All I know is that when I had to get up in the middle of the night to head to the facilities, I had a very hard time hobbling there, and no matter which way I laid I was in a great deal of pain.....
I slept on my sisters couch for two nights. Kept tossing and turning.

I like the memory foam topper things. That is what the others were sleeping on! But she doesn't have central air, so the main AC was in the living room - so that was my spot! :mrgreen:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We bought DS a new mattress set right after our vacation and insisted on an innerspring set. There were only three in the store. Everything else was memory foam.

A foam topper is fine, but the mattresses are just too hard without a box spring
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It has been an excellent day. I am home alone until Thursday and not minding it in the slightest. I LOVE my kiddos but there is no question that I prefer living all by myself.

Today consisted of lots of old movie watching and dog walking. Hope had a run-in with a tiny chipmunk - both walked away unharmed - but it was a close one for little chippy - I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that the reason Hope had stopped was because the critter was face to face with her - only about a foot or so from us = until she lunged for it.

Went to the grocery about half past 8 and just got back. I had $7.85 more of DD's bottles and cans that I returned and then took my time roaming the store. I found a lot of good markdowns - some packages of vegan "cheese" that are usually almost $6 were reduced to $1.89, making it cheaper than real cheese - I bought 6. $4.99 packs of yogurt were reduced to $2 - got 3. Found peppers and potatoes on the .99 cent rescued produce rack - SCORE!!

Everything is put away. I have to take the dogs out and make myself a very late supper really fast, then will sit on the porch and watch the fireworks that start at 10. I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz