Daily Check in - July 3rd 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Daily Check in - July 3rd 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

The can't sleep edition!

OMG - I just decided to go ahead and get up. Have been tossing and turning for hours. I went to bed at 10. Pretty sure I slept hard for at least 3 hours. The TV was on, but don't remember what was playing.

I got up to use the bathroom and could have sworn it was 5am. Went back to bed tossed and turned. Got up again - nope barely 3am.

The COD was up and about in the kitchen etc. He has been on a cleaning rampage - which is good. He has gone to bed now and I am up.

I decided to get up because my sister says when she can't sleep she just gets up and reads. Might as well do something instead of just toss and turn with my mind all busy.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in - July 3rd 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Good morning, Clem. I'm with you today. Had a terrible night; also went to bed at 10, woke up around midnight, got up for an hour and went back to bed. Woke up again at 3:00 and said the heck with it.

Have all my daily things accomplished with the exception of meal prep and cleanup. Have also read two Sunday newspapers, mine and the one where my sister lives. Realized I hadn't yet done my points for my meals for the month of July, I just finished that also.

Just put GAC on in the background. They are celebrating their Christmas in July this weekend with 24 hours holiday programming. As I didn't have this channel last year, almost all are new to me except for one which I saw because my sister was able to stream it when she was here last year.

One of my all time favorites, Most Wonderful Time of the Year, is on Hallmark Channel at 6:00P so I will be watching that . . . have already set up the reminder alarm.

I'll probably doze off for a while this afternoon because I'm now feeling tired but not enough to try going back to sleep at this point.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The sun is coming up and I am still awake. Not sleepy at all

Well at least I will be good to go pick up the breakfast that the COD requested! :mrgreen:
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning everyone. I was also up a couple of times during the night. The dogs got up at 6-ish and have been out and we are all back in bed.

Yesterday was a great mix of getting stuff done and relaxing - hoping for same today. I have a bag of clothing and shoes to take to the donation bin and 4 big bags of returnable bottles and cans that were discarded as trash by DD and her S.O. to redeem. I do not understand throwing money into the garbage.

I'm searching online for how much it costs to bake a loaf of bread in an electric oven and can't find a good answer - does anyone have a good website for that kind of information?

Off to get breakfast - have a great day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went and got some tamales and barbacoa - breakfast of champions around here in south texas - :mrgreen:
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

sleep seems to be the issue of the day. Mine not as terrible as some of the above. Went to bed at ten thirty to eleven and woke up at five. got up and made eggs and sausage and had a diet coke and read for awhil eand then liad back down and slept on and off until seven forty five.

Had planned to go to eigh thirty church to beat the heat and would have made it if I had stayed up ..Now I will aim for eleven or else go online and t hen go in person on Wednesday I am not sure which yet.

This afternoon and tomorrow I will be driving 20 minutes each way to daughters house to spend time with family and son so definitely extra gas usage this week, and then meeting for dinner twice so definitely extra gas this week. Today and tomorrow we are just outting their small pool up and enjoying outside and cooking.

I was thinking about letting them just have sister and brother time today and I may still do that, we will see as I have plenty of stuff to do and the rest of the week son and I will be together.

need to wake up and make a plan for the week even with son here there are things to do.