Daily Check in July 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in July 5, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:01 pm Mostly the neighbors cut their own grass. House on the other side of neighbor’s house is a rental and uses a lawn service. Neighbor thought he gave me the name but he did not. Neighbor’s wife said he would cut the back yard in a few days. I had a good idea and just posted on the HOA Facebook group (closed group) asking for suggestions.

Neighbors say they want to help me but this is the help I need.

Sometimes, Mackie, I think I should sell mom’s house but I would miss it a lot. So I’m not giving up.

Yesterday I cried for the first time during this whole ordeal. I need to be like my mom and Pippi - a fighter.
Florida,

You can still be a very tough fighter and need to cry every now and again. That's what fighters do when they get hurt or lose. They cry and then after they recover? They are back at it! Please don't be too hard on yourself. Remember, Pippi and your Mom had you for help.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!!

It's after 9:00 pm and I am just now reading and posting. I am so tired today!

Last night, it was a lovely evening even had a few showers. I put Lily Gurl out at about 11:00 pm and then we went upstairs to bed. At about 3:00 am, she came into the bedroom (she sleeps in her bed in her pawrents' bedroom) and started crying at me. I told her, "Lily, It's bedtime! Go back to bed!!" She usually is very good about that but not last night. So, she made it downstairs and was waiting for me to come downstairs. This will sound weird but their stairs are so steep, I go up on my hands and knees, down the same way! Last night, on the way down, I missed the last 3-4 steps and wiped out over the side of them. UGH! I got my right arm dinged on the little bit of wall that is there, and hit my gimp knee hard to the floor at the same time I twisted my back! What a disaster! I finally started to the back door and Lily was practically in a panic. She raced to the door so fast that all the rugs went flying! I got her out the door and left her out for awhile. She came in and laid down on her doggie bed here in the living room. I didn't want to trek upstairs in my humiliated state and tried to catch some Zzzs on this awful couch. I finally gave up and the Tylenol took effect and I literally crawled back to bed. Lily didn't want to get up again until almost 10 am!!

I had a good afternoon. My friend Spring came by and we went out to Wendy's with coupons for lunch. We laughed and had a good time chatting for quite some time. I got home and plunked on a chair to watch the news and let my owies kind of rest.

Not much else to report today. Tomorrow at 12:30, I have to be at the hospital for some nuclear medicine heart test. I thought I had both tests tomorrow but NOPE! On Thursday, I go for the stress test at 1:15 pm. I just hope that the hospital parking lot isn't too full. I hate trying to find parking around there!

Well that's the skinny from around muggy Brandon, Manitoba!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:04 pm She has recognized that I am a bit of an authority and has gone and bumped me to draw my attention to something. Once time it seemed to be the DS had gone out into the garage.
Smart pup!