Daily Check in July 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 5, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Back to work after a long holiday weekend. We have heat advisories for today. Ugh.

Not much else to report. another day...

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 5, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Having my second cup of coffee right now, and will be getting a few tasks either done or started before I head out to get some veggies and fruit (eldest would like a few snacks as well). Laundry is the big thing for today and it make take awhile as eldest didn't start his until late last night, and it is too misty/rainy to hang things outside (he usually hangs things on the lines downstairs) so I guess I start with those items that can go in the dryer and hope his dry quickly so GI get to use the lines.

I finished his cushion last night and now he is thinking it would be nice with some fringe around it .... He is getting a bit fancy, but I may look at one store in town and see what they have.

For the second month in a row I was over the budget line for groceries. I can just imagine what I would be spending if I went every week. I think it would be very much higher. I did purchase lots of meat (still need to get a few things) so I have a feeling that is why I am over and the price of things just keeps right on rising with fewer and fewer items going on sale.

We were under total budget for the month though which is great.

I took my cell phone out of it's case and found out it is kind of coming apart. I don't want to get a new phone as of yet so I have taped it together and keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts for another few months (like into the new year or even longer, I need to remember a great many passwords before I trade it in). I really do not need that expense right now.

Frugally the tiny bit of shopping will be the only cash spent today and I am hoping that it stays cool with a breeze so we can open the windows instead of the air conditioning going.

I am changing tonight's meal with tomorrow night's just because it is easier to make spaghetti and meat sauce than Moroccan Lentil soup. I will be busy with other things and putting a meat sauce on to simmer is so much easier.

Off to get things started.

Today I am grateful that oldest DS came home for a visit.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Like Maggie, I am also back at work after the long holiday weekend. Things got started with a bang, as I had a minor chore from one of my many supervisors and a major one from another, and briefly met my new most immediate supervisor, who I'll be with only for about a month before returning to my old building.

I certainly got a chunk of my steps in this morning, as I had to check every room of the smaller building, which has five floors with twelve 4-bedroom, 2-bath apartments on each floor. I was debating with myself lately whether to spend money on new sneakers and after this morning, the answer is YES, once I find something that goes well with my work clothes and has excellent arch and heel support. Earth Origins usually has something that fits the bill.

We did not get evening rain last night, and the illegal fireworks were loud and long. This year it even disturbed the cats because the people behind us started shooting them off at about 10:30 p.m. and it went on for hours. I wonder how they'd feel if I rolled my car past their house at 1:30 a.m. with the theft alarm going off because that feels festive to me?

Tea cup is empty, next chore is waiting. I hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I put out even more trash than I thought I had. I put out 3 full white bags and 2 cartons.

My insurance plan gives me $40 a quarter to use on their OTC site. So this morning I placed an order for my free OTC products. I ordered tooth paste and my oral rinse. The brand I have to use is very expensive. I had $1.10 left over. I didn’t want to spend any of my money to choose more prices are slightly higher than H-E-B delivery.

I ended up putting out an extra bag just a small H-E-B bag, with the box from baking soda.

I started a white wash, I am now beginning to understand my new washer. It reminded me of when I first sat down at the sewing machine my late husband gave me for our 5th anniversary. I was overwhelmed by all the options.

I have a lot of things to take out to the table too. None of which I bought in the last couple of years in fact most are 20 plus years old.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another bright sunny day here.

I slept well. Did get up a few times but went right back to sleep after I used the facilities. Had some really weird dreams though.

I'm just getting up - 9am! Not even the pets are getting up. One is outside but the others are still dozing.

We had hardly any fireworks last night - so no barking or craziness. They really cracked down on that this year - too much issues with fires around here lately.

Hope all have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I had a good day yesterday. After the morning tiredness, I felt like myself for much of the day.

Today I feel pretty good. This is the last day of my antibiotics. I only have the evening one left to do. The nurse called me last night. She (or someone else) will be here tomorrow morning to remove the midline.

I have to say I’m super bored. I just can’t concentrate on anything. I’m trying to do a few chores. I took out the trash this morning and did laundry yesterday.

I need to call the insurance agent about my homeowner’s insurance. I’m sure she’s busy today so I’ll give it until tomorrow. I hope it goes well to get the state-run insurance but if it doesn’t I’m beyond caring.

I’m thinking so much about the yard at mom’s house. I would gladly pay for someone to keep it up. I’m picturing the hedge and ixora which I’m sure need trimming.

Ipad is acting wacky so I’ll end here.