Daily Check In July 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In July 29, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, you have had so much wear and tear on your spirit lately that the next danged thing is just too much. (((Hugs))) I am so very glad you have water again!

FloridaCat, I would rather be poked with something sharp than remodel. There's a lot that I so dislike about our kitchen, but I have made my peace with it. Somebody else can spend a bunch of money making it just right. Painting is about all I plan to do.

I am home, thank goodness. I ran my legs off today. Stopped at Walmart on the way home and bought gas at $3.49 a gallon, then went to Food Lion for DH's bagels and juice, some acetaminophen and a couple of other small items Aldi does not have. A big bottle of Care One acetaminophen was $1.99! What a deal!
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I think I may be over my "pity party" LOL.
I did the laundry that was in the washer hung them to dry, ran and emptied the dishwasher, ran the robo-vac and then took a short nap. I didn't really sleep but it felt good to just zone out for a bit. Made myself a cup of coffee and then sat beside the firepit and read for a bit. It was great.

Tomorrow is a family birthday party and that will be fun. I will get up and put a quick clean on the house as needed and then party!
On the subject of remodeling, I lived most of my years at home with a mother that was constantly remodeling something. Probably why to this day I can't stand having workers too long in my house LOL. Dad used to tease my mom by asking if we should set an extra place at the supper table for whatever contractor she had busy at the time LOL.
I love it when it's done but the process drives me crazy.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

My laptop seems to be working once again....Just keeping my fingers crossed that it continues. Still it is good to know that the old desktop works a bit.

Tomorrow I am going to move my pictures to a thumb drive after some organizing.
So nice to not have to worry about them. Mind you this machine is now a bit sluggish as well.

I had sent an email to Homescan to let them know I would not be sending a scan in for two weeks so that gives me a bit of time to make sure this machine is working properly.

I changed some passwords so those will have to be updated here as well.

I am one happy person now. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this keeps right on working.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:51 pm yea- hate house issues. Right now the kitchen sink has a leak - and the grinder thing isn't working - forgot what it is called. The COD bought all the parts, but hasn't fixed it yet. And really I don't care if he does. I don't want him trying to get under the sink. He isn't a spring chicken.

Garbage disposal!

I worry about the AC daily. I told my family that I want to just go move into the Holiday Inn and just live there. I miss living in military base housing! LOL

I am ready to move into an apartment as soon as my pack crosses the bridge. The COD can have the house.
These are reasons I prefer to live in an Apartment. It might be more expensive on a month-to-month basis, but it is worth my peace of mind.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:25 am These are reasons I prefer to live in an Apartment. It might be more expensive on a month-to-month basis, but it is worth my peace of mind.
yes - I am ready to move - if it wasn't for all these pets. What was I thinking back then? :shock: