Daily Check in Aug 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 1, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Mornings friends.

So many stories about my trip. We had a guy who slipped on some steps and hurt his back. he has a history of back problems. And his speed boat had a problem with it's bilge pump. Another guy slipped on rocks and fell, but he was ok in the end. One of the boats had some mechanical issues. We had to call the maintenance team out a couple of times. We had to restart our boat's generator multiple times a day. Fortunately it restarted every time it cut out. The weather was better than expected. This year the boats have wi-fi. I ended up driving and was given more than enough gas money. Surprisingly, each share of the food bill was very similar to previous years. The ladies that did the buying did cut back. We still have lots of leftovers.

Then on my way home, I got a text from Mom, my kids were coming to her house for dinner. So I got to see all of my favorite people. DS2 even came.

Doing laundry today, tonight will be investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Aug 1, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 am Good Mornings friends.

So many stories about my trip. We had a guy who slipped on some steps and hurt his back. he has a history of back problems. And his speed boat had a problem with it's bilge pump. Another guy slipped on rocks and fell, but he was ok in the end. One of the boats had some mechanical issues. We had to call the maintenance team out a couple of times. We had to restart our boat's generator multiple times a day. Fortunately it restarted every time it cut out. The weather was better than expected. This year the boats have wi-fi. I ended up driving and was given more than enough gas money. Surprisingly, each share of the food bill was very similar to previous years. The ladies that did the buying did cut back. We still have lots of leftovers.

Then on my way home, I got a text from Mom, my kids were coming to her house for dinner. So I got to see all of my favorite people. DS2 even came.

Doing laundry today, tonight will be investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Glad to read that you enjoyed your outing, even with all the mishaps.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We had rain overnight, and a bit in the early morning hours. However DS and I got to sit by the firepit enjoying the quiet and the flames until quite late. Perhaps that is why I am moving a bit slowly this morning.

Busy day today packing up for DS, doing the usual household tasks for a Monday and trying to get a bit caught up on things around here since I took time off from projects and such to visit with DS. He is here only for a short time, so I do what I can in the mornings before he wakes up, and the rest can wait.

So other than the usual morning walk (not raining now, the sun is shining) I will be sticking close to home.

Off to do what I can before walking, and perhaps get the laundry started.

I will probably check back later.

Today I am grateful for sunshine in the morning and the gentle sound of rain at night.

Everybody have a great day. Take care
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Last night was the most sleepless night I have experienced so far. Just worrying about things and what I have to do.

But weirdly I feel okay this morning. I am already dressed and the pack has been out. Except for the COD's dog. He is acting weird. He did go out about 2 in the morning. One reason for no sleep. He is on his boss' nocturnal schedule. I had to feed him after he came in. Then he has been letting out little whimpers every now and then. He must miss him.

I do have to go to the store and pick food for the COD - things that will be on his diet now.

Thanks for the prayers.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem, I am sure he misses him. My son and I "shared" our dog although he slept with my son. He had a very hard time when I left, because even though he was son's dog I was the onehome full time. but If I had taken him with me he would have laid down and died without Marc.

Maggie, it sounds like all in all you had a lovely time, even with the kinks.

I did NIT get up and walk first thing, but I have showered and dressed and breakfasted and done my online stuff and its nine thirty so I will do my forty minute mainly seated aerobic and weight program now, and then rotate laundry and water plants and do the basics.

I am really tempted to turn on the oven right now and make the cherry pork chops (just seasoned pork chops topped with cherry pie filling) so I can not turn it on tonight when it is 105. We'll see. i can also cook them in the slow cooker. In theory the recipe requires mace, one of few herbs I keep on hand so I will do without it.

This afternoon will be for sewing and crafting since Tuesday is always bible study, usually lunch and after lunch i will go to Goodwill to empty out the multiple bags in my car and then brace myslef and hit hobby lobby. I would love to not be able to go there, but they have the best cotton yarn at the best prices for me to make a knitted kimono and some other things. If m gonna be gone most of the day I might well do it all then. Perhaps including a small Target grocery pickup.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until after 7 this morning. I have a white wash in the dryer, I do need to fold the towel wash I did yesterday.

I am starting another grouping of things to give away. Pitched items go in the trash right away.

Not much else is new today.

Penny