Daily Check in Aug 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 4, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning friends.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Aug 4, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

I am back. Still unmotivated.

But tonight I am going to see a production of Jesus Christ Superstar with my Uncle's wife ( she is the same age as me, so it is hard to call her my Aunt) I am taking her out to dinner before hand.

We have excessive heat warning again.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in a bit this morning on the one day that I wanted to be up early. Mainly because I have garden processing to do, and want to go for a walk. Might be making pickles when it gets a bit warmish out, but we shall see.

Not much on the household task list today. I need to sweep floors, process the few cukes I got out of the garden, water the plants (didn't get done yesterday), and weed the perennial bed if possible. Not a great deal so perhaps along with the embroidery, and knitting in the evening I can add in some sewing on the quilt.

It is supposed to get very warm today once again and stay that way until the end of the week at least. I am not looking forward to that at all.

Made a decision yesterday and I am going to wean myself from helping at the hospital Mass. I don't know why once asked to do something I feel obligated to say yes only to learn to trust my instinct. A person can say no and not feel guilty about the whole thing for the rest of their lives...right????

I wrote two recipes out on my blog yesterday and both were really good. One is the lentil curry and the other has some leftover pork in it. If anyone is interested I can put them in the recipe folder here as well.

Supper today is going to be the leftover pork casserole. Lots of veggies in it, but I will probably make some coleslaw to go along with it.

Today I am grateful for another decent nights sleep.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I wish I could stay in bed, but I would just be tossing and turning - so why not just get up. I did get in some good hours of sleep. So that will help, but still feel like I need more.

It is gong to be another ultra warm day - this is getting old. We so need it to rain.

Not sure what will go on today - hopefully a better day than yesterday. That wore me out.

Will have to check on ill sibling.

Have a great day all
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today we've got a heat warning; temp going up to around 95 with a heat index of approx. 104 degrees. We, too, need rain. The rain we got a couple weeks ago helped, but with the higher temp and sun, the grass is now starting to turn brown.

Have done everything around my apartment that needed to be done. Ran out to replenish my fruit supply, especially the peaches because they were on sale and today is the final day at that price. Our food ads are now being circulated differently; it can be anytime between Wednesday and Friday and they come with the mail rather than by 7:00A. I've looked through 3 of them already online but either have to wait for the ads to be delivered or till tomorrow morning when the last one becomes available online.

Today will be playing on the computer, doing some reading and working on a new section on my website.

I am switching tonight's menu with tomorrow's as it had called for scrambled eggs but I only have 1. I didn't want to pay $3.59 for a dozen today when I can get 3 dozen for $3 more tomorrow and they're Egglands Best brand. It's like getting a dozen for free. Anyway, I plan on making chicken with the garlic/soy sauce/lowcal maple syrup.

Well that's all for now. Have a wonderful day and try to stay cool.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

We had rain overnight and the forecast calls for 60% rain chance every day for the next week. When I went out with trash this morning, it was more comfortable than most days. It would have been a good day to go to mom’s house. I may or may not go over there later to put out the one bag of clippings and gather some items for donation.

I found a store that sells organic alfalfa seeds for sprouting. It is on the other side of town so I won’t make a special trip. My friend sometimes shops at the store so I might be able to get her to pick them up. The two stores near me that I thought might have them do not according to their websites.

I’ve started another puzzle and have the edge in place. I’m going to try to study Spanish for 30 minutes each day.

I was upset yesterday about the future of the U.S. More and more I’m reading if the defeated one is re-elected and perhaps even if one of his disciples gets in, the goal is to gut the civil service and put in “loyal” partisans. I worked in D.C. for nine years. The civil servants are not liberal. They are both Democrats and Republicans who try to do their best for the country. I do not want to live in an autocracy.

And then there is Alex Jones of InfoWars, on trial for $$ damages for saying over and over that the Sandy Hook massacre didn’t happen, it was all staged and those children never existed. He made life Hell for those parents who had lost their children. I do not know how people can support him. (Yes, I do know. Americans are not who we thought they were, said my wise friend long ago.) He is the lowest of the low, pure hate. Even $150 million in damages is not enough. Off my soapbox.

So another reason to save my pennies in case I have to seek political asylum somewhere if I make it that long.

Stay cool.

P.S. I had to write this in Notes. More than a few graphs and things go poof in the comment box at least for me.