Brooklyn Public Library membership ending

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Brooklyn Public Library membership ending

Post by LogicsHere »

Our library system is a fairly good one too. I can go on line and order any book from any of our county libraries of which there are 38.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

The library system was good for physical books when I lived in Georgia. We could request books for free from any library in the regional system. But here it is based on property taxes, so I can use only the small library where I live and it does not have e-books. To get those, and the selection is poor, I would have to join the city library at $50 a year.

So spending the same amount to join a major metropolitan library with many thousands more offerings makes much more sense.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Mackie, I'm glad you found another resource. I would be lost without my library and the system it belongs to.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
elsi

Post by elsi »

There are two libraries where I buy a non-resident library card. The one I use the most is Orange County Library System in Orlando, Florida. They charge $100 per year -- which sounds pretty high, but when I add up what it would have cost me to purchase all the books that I borrow from them, it's a really good deal. The second one is Saint Louis Public Libraries. They give eBook lending privileges to all the "Friends of the Library" -- and you can become a Friend for as low as $40 per year. Again, quite a bargain.
Elsi in Texas