Daily Check In August 9, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 9, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 9, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up way too early but I do have lots to accomplish here on the old homestead, so perhaps it's a good thing.

Shopping this morning (weird list happening here) with very little in the way of meat on it. Lots of canned items, lentils, beans, oils, and seeds. I really am going to try and cook more plant based meals this winter. Should be an interesting time at the table. Hopefully Hubby enjoys those meals as much as the lentil curry and Moroccan soup I make.

But before I leave I would like to get some of the chores accomplished. Sweeping the floor, cleaning my desk, ironing, getting the dishes out of the dishwasher, and perhaps a search for garden produce. This afternoon we will probably go and get Hubby a new phone. Dang things are so expensive but with a two year term they are quite a bit less. Gone are the free phones with a two year contract and they do not look to be coming back at all. I still need to blue tooth mine to the vehicle, just been a bit too lazy to do so. Perhaps at some point today.

I hope to get some more work done on the embroidery of the tablecloth today, and knitting on the blanket this evening.

So a relatively unexciting day like most others around here. It seems like most days pass by with very little happening for the most part. That's okay, but there are times I wish for some excitement or at least a blip in the day.

Our resident bush bunny is growing and really lets me get close before it hops away. People would probably think I am strange talking to it when I see her or him. I call the bunny my little buddy. Even Hubby is surprised at how easy it is to get fairly close to it. So far no damage in the garden he/she seems to prefer grass or weeds to garden produce. My eggplants are starting to produce I hope to get quite a few, lots of parma in the freezer for winter but perhaps one to eat very soon (could mean moving menu plans around).

Supper tonight is going to be scalloped potato and ham casserole. Got to use up the potatoes I bought as ours are ready to be harvested. Lots of onion there as well so I won't be purchasing those for awhile either.

Today I am grateful that today is supposed to be slightly cooler than yesterday. Afraid I do not do well in over 100 degree weather and neither do the plants.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

So far I have heard of 2 co-workers in the Operations center have been given layoff notice. Makes me a bit nervous. I have agreed to be a reference for both.

Looks like another stormy day in store. Sky is a bit dark, but it is supposed to bring cooler temperatures.

Afterwork I will head down to visit DS1 and family. When I made the plans I thought my Dr. appointment was today at 4 PM and a couple of miles form their house. Alas, my appointment is Wed. But that is ok.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Hopefully today's expected rain (and I do hope we get some locally) is expected to cool temperatures down as well as bring a lower humidity. I can deal with mid-80s if humidity is low. Cooler nights are also being predicted so air conditioning won't be needed to sleep.

Just brought my car over to repair shop to have it inspected. The place I normally go to was sold and may not get it's license in time so this is a new place for me. I've considered bringing my car there for future service rather than Toyota since there are no warranties on it and it is 11 years old. And people I know highly recommend them.

My daily routine is almost complete. I have some additional exercise time to put in but that's about it. I've started reading a new book I just bought (used) which was used as the basis for a Hallmark movie that I like and have watched numerous times. Was curious to see how much it differs. I also have some paperwork to do.

Reading the paper this morning it is discouraging to keep seeing COVID cases going up every other week. I know that we're always going to have this virus with us now but I would have thought they'd have it better controlled. I mean 45,000 cases a week doesn't sound very controlled to me nor should it be the "new normal" as one of the spokespersons in the article I read called it. It's totally unacceptable.

Well, guess that's all for now. For those still in the heat wave, stay cool. Have a great day!!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:39 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up way too early but I do have lots to accomplish here on the old homestead, so perhaps it's a good thing.

Shopping this morning (weird list happening here) with very little in the way of meat on it. Lots of canned items, lentils, beans, oils, and seeds. I really am going to try and cook more plant based meals this winter. Should be an interesting time at the table. Hopefully Hubby enjoys those meals as much as the lentil curry and Moroccan soup I make.

But before I leave I would like to get some of the chores accomplished. Sweeping the floor, cleaning my desk, ironing, getting the dishes out of the dishwasher, and perhaps a search for garden produce. This afternoon we will probably go and get Hubby a new phone. Dang things are so expensive but with a two year term they are quite a bit less. Gone are the free phones with a two year contract and they do not look to be coming back at all. I still need to blue tooth mine to the vehicle, just been a bit too lazy to do so. Perhaps at some point today.

I hope to get some more work done on the embroidery of the tablecloth today, and knitting on the blanket this evening.

So a relatively unexciting day like most others around here. It seems like most days pass by with very little happening for the most part. That's okay, but there are times I wish for some excitement or at least a blip in the day.

Our resident bush bunny is growing and really lets me get close before it hops away. People would probably think I am strange talking to it when I see her or him. I call the bunny my little buddy. Even Hubby is surprised at how easy it is to get fairly close to it. So far no damage in the garden he/she seems to prefer grass or weeds to garden produce. My eggplants are starting to produce I hope to get quite a few, lots of parma in the freezer for winter but perhaps one to eat very soon (could mean moving menu plans around).

Supper tonight is going to be scalloped potato and ham casserole. Got to use up the potatoes I bought as ours are ready to be harvested. Lots of onion there as well so I won't be purchasing those for awhile either.

Today I am grateful that today is supposed to be slightly cooler than yesterday. Afraid I do not do well in over 100 degree weather and neither do the plants.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I love bunnies so much! I’ve never been able to get close. Several years ago, one visited my patio almost every evening. I would leave baby carrots which she loved. And yes, I talked to the bunny. Enjoy your new little friend.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:05 am Good Morning,

So far I have heard of 2 co-workers in the Operations center have been given layoff notice. Makes me a bit nervous. I have agreed to be a reference for both.

Looks like another stormy day in store. Sky is a bit dark, but it is supposed to bring cooler temperatures.

Afterwork I will head down to visit DS1 and family. When I made the plans I thought my Dr. appointment was today at 4 PM and a couple of miles form their house. Alas, my appointment is Wed. But that is ok.

Have a great day,
Maggie
With all the extra work you do and the skills you have, your workplace would be crazy to let you go. I don’t think you have to worry.