Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

So DGS5 went to school today also. Just a little later than his brother. He rode the bus. he kept telling him Mom he was too little to ride the bus. But he did it. The neighbor make a chalk drawing on the driveway of a Spider and put the spiderman eyes for a picture. So cute!

They do grow fast. A few weeks ago I stopped a couple after Church and told them I remember when I was stopped by older women from Church who told me it was fun watching them grow and I now understood and commented on their little boy.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Mackie, coffee DOES make everything better.

Kitty, there is something here that's messing with my sinuses as well. Weird, because I don't go outside that much, but it still affects me, although not nearly as much if I were out in it. Of course, our pollen level is High and the humidity is at 79%, ugh, but rain is scheduled tomorrow. I hope we get some; we're still way below where we should be this time of year.

I'm going to get out briefly this afternoon. DH has an Rx he needs from Walgreens, so I'll use the drive through. Supper tonight is in the fridge: a large porkchop that we'll split, some yellow squash/onions, and black-eyed peas. With sliced tomato.

Hobbes is tolerating his thyroid meds well. He doesn't throw up nearly as much and he may have gained an ounce or two. And he has almost completely stopped the loud yowling right after eating. He's still super affectionate, but his purring has settled down to an appropriate level. I don't know if I mentioned it here, but before his last vet visit he was purring like crazy. I told the vet it was almost 'aggressive' purring. I was afraid it was from pain, and she said it absolutely could have been. It's weird how tuned into him I am. I've never had a kid, but it almost feels like it, lol. Right now he's lying on my lap giving me the "will you PLEASE get off the computer?" look. :D

So I guess I'll get off the computer, for now at least. Hope everyone is doing well.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

chocolite wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:32 pm Mackie, coffee DOES make everything better.

Kitty, there is something here that's messing with my sinuses as well. Weird, because I don't go outside that much, but it still affects me, although not nearly as much if I were out in it. Of course, our pollen level is High and the humidity is at 79%, ugh, but rain is scheduled tomorrow. I hope we get some; we're still way below where we should be this time of year.

I'm going to get out briefly this afternoon. DH has an Rx he needs from Walgreens, so I'll use the drive through. Supper tonight is in the fridge: a large porkchop that we'll split, some yellow squash/onions, and black-eyed peas. With sliced tomato.

Hobbes is tolerating his thyroid meds well. He doesn't throw up nearly as much and he may have gained an ounce or two. And he has almost completely stopped the loud yowling right after eating. He's still super affectionate, but his purring has settled down to an appropriate level. I don't know if I mentioned it here, but before his last vet visit he was purring like crazy. I told the vet it was almost 'aggressive' purring. I was afraid it was from pain, and she said it absolutely could have been. It's weird how tuned into him I am. I've never had a kid, but it almost feels like it, lol. Right now he's lying on my lap giving me the "will you PLEASE get off the computer?" look. :D

So I guess I'll get off the computer, for now at least. Hope everyone is doing well.
ETA I got a call from the hospital today, giving me the price I'll need to pay at my MRI later this month. $745! Basically, the rest of my deductible for the year. SHEESH.
Patty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

chocolite wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:33 pm ETA I got a call from the hospital today, giving me the price I'll need to pay at my MRI later this month. $745! Basically, the rest of my deductible for the year. SHEESH.
Ugh, I maxed out my medical Flexible benefits by April this year between the MRI of my liver, follow-up Mammo and glasses.

Fortunately when I mail order my prescriptions, there is not any out of pocket costs.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Stayed in bed until ten today! I just needed the rest. Even my pups stayed in bed. No wanting to go out at 7 or so. The just slept and slept and slept!!

Not doing much today. Decompress. The usual dusting and sweeping and watering pets. But that is about it.

Hope all have a great day!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I walked up to the office and initialed the page that needed it. Then emptied my full over the top give away bin on the table in the club room. There were things there I didn’t take anything.

My paperwork for Housing is outside my door for pick up. My trash and garbage is gathered and out. I had a lot, a huge carton, 2 full white bags and a small H-E-B bag. So a lot left my apartment this morning. I know there is more to go.

I want to organize and better set up my sewing area. There is a lot that needs doing in there. Most of all I need to make sure I have access to the window in case of fire. Right now the access is partially blocked. Once my sewing area is organized I can finish my pillows they each need a bit more stuffing. And then sewing closed. I have a blanket to fix, bibs to sew, a new phone bag to make and lets not forget Froggie. I also need to make several pieces of clothing for the tiny dolls.

Penny